Question for da' Commish committee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Question for da' Commish committee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Heimholder » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:05 pm

Personally, I feel like it's my responsibility to do stuff like this for the owners, as long as they truly have a problem doing it themselves. But Twisted Sister hit it on the head - gotta be traceable - email, impartial 3rd party witness, something. Otherwise it could look like you're helping out a buddy.
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pvt1863 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:57 pm

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you are doing as long as everyone in the league understands that it can happen. By the sound of things, that is the case.

I assume that having the owner who wants to make a last minute change email you is not an option. If it were, then the owner would probably be able to make the roster change himself.

If it has to be done over the phone (which isn't tracable), then try this. When an owner calls you with their last minute changes, either he or you should immediately call the opponent in the game and let them know. Using your example, the owner who is now complaining would have no grounds to if he got a call about the change before the game.
pvt1863
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:49 pm

Tell the sour grapes to go suck eggs...

Many leagues functioned before the Interweb was even an option - how exactly do you think they managed their rosters in those dark times?

Truly should be a non-issue.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Infidel » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:32 am

Sounds like they do not have access to "tracable" means of communication. Here's a suggestion: Tell everyone that you will not answer your phone for 30 minutes before game time from league members. That way it goes to VM. Now you have a record. As soom as games start, make any changes requested and post on the league msg bd. Save the msg's for 3 days and let league members know this. Anyone who wants proof can then come and listen to the VM msg's which are time stamped regardless of VM system used. After 3 days, no "complaints" will be heard.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dexter II » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:44 am

I ask owners to call me and the opponent before game time and if at all possible send an email in cases where the league management site is slow/off-line.

Vmail idea by Infidel is a good one too.
Fatalism Helps with the Jump but not the Fall
Dexter II
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Web SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:27 pm

Dexter II wrote:I ask owners to call me and the opponent before game time and if at all possible send an email in cases where the league management site is slow/off-line.

calling the opponent is an excellent idea. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Yellowbird » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:47 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Dexter II wrote:I ask owners to call me and the opponent before game time and if at all possible send an email in cases where the league management site is slow/off-line.

calling the opponent is an excellent idea. ;-D

That's perfect. I will use that from now on!

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:09 pm

Gnu314 wrote:I don't see anything wrong with making the moves as long as the call is in before gametime and as long as your league knows that you will do it.

The guy really dosn't have much of a beef here IMO.

Exactly. ;-D

As long as the league knows that you are doing this for anyone who contacts you before gametime, what's the problem? The guy that's complaining obviously doesn't trust you because if he did he'd take your word for it that the other owner called you with 15 minutes to spare and that you just didn't get to a computer in time to make the change before deadline.

If you want to stop doing this next year just to avoid the problems, I can see that. But people have lives and can't always be in front of a computer between 12:30 & 1 on Sunday to make last minute changes. If you as the commish don't mind making these last minute moves for people that don't have access to a computer right before deadline, I don't see why anyone should have any problems with this...IF they trust you.

Good luck!

PS: Just thought of one more thing. You might want to have a co-commish or 2 and make it so that the person has to call you AND one of the co-commishes to make the last minute move. This way there are 2 people who know that the owner called in the move before the deadline. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Twisted Sister » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:48 am

Seriously, what commish is behind the computer before EVERY game... what a hassle. :-t
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk