top 10 07 picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

top 10 07 picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:20 pm

in PPR leagues, Jackson could be taken over LJ. in non-PPR, not so much.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:31 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:in PPR leagues, Jackson could be taken over LJ. in non-PPR, not so much.

I'd take S.Jax over LJ ;-D even not in a PPR league. Isn't most of the StL offense banged up anyways and he is still producing while LJ's offense is a bunch of old men ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:09 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:in PPR leagues, Jackson could be taken over LJ. in non-PPR, not so much.

I'd take S.Jax over LJ ;-D even not in a PPR league. Isn't most of the StL offense banged up anyways and he is still producing while LJ's offense is a bunch of old men ;-D

Jackson in a dynasty or keeper, or PPR. redraft, standard scoring, its close but I might still go with LJ.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:55 pm

Shader wrote:Alexander runs soft...lol. You must have never seen him run before.

Actually he does run incredibly soft. He even admits that to some degree. He runs so that he "stays fresh." It will probably help his career in the long run, but I think it keeps him from being a truly great back (not fantasy back, but in general)

My top 10 (for now)
1. LaDainian Tomlinson - No-brainer obviously
2. Larry Johnson - So steady. At this point I trust him a little more than Jackson. I have a feeling SJax may fall off just a bit next year.
3. Steven Jackson - I've loved this guy since he got into the league, but I'm not sure he's going to put up another year quite as good as this one receiving-wise.
4. Frank Gore - Guided one of my teams to a championship this year. Incredibly talented, hopefully he can keep it up.
5. Shaun Alexander - Still a TD machine, but he is getting older and Seattle may be falling off just a bit. He's only been the dominant fantasy player he was because of his supporting cast, IMO.
6. Willie Parker - He really stepped up this year to prove he was an elite back. Solidly in the top 10.
7. Brian Westbrook - Sometimes a little inconsistent, but a top 10 back nonetheless.
8. Rudi Johnson - Another solid season. Always a safe pick.
9. Clinton Portis - It's yet to be seen how much Betts will cut into his carries (I think fairly significantly) but he's still super-talented and the Washington O-line has been dominating during the second half of the season. I don't expect either WAS RB to be traded.
10. Peyton Manning - Allthough I would probably never take him this early. I hate taking QBs in the first or second round.

Guys to watch would be Maurice Jones-Drew, Laurence Maroney, Ladell Betts, Joseph Addai if any of their situations change. And I think Ronnie Brown and Willis McGahee will probably be fairly undervalued, at least going by what I'm reading in this thread.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby eman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:46 pm

Anyone who watched the Hawks-Chargers game would know **** well that SA does NOT run soft. He does tend to lay off a bit at times, but not in the sense of running soft. He takes it straight to guys and is one of the most physical RB's out there.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk