Tank Johnsons house raided by swat team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tank Johnsons house raided by swat team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby LJ's Crush » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:41 pm

hey stop making fun of my favorite team the cincy prison cats haha

but seriously it a disgrace when my team has so many people getting in to trouble.
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gnu314 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:13 pm

slowride wrote:2.5 oz is nothing......*awaits swat team*

Generally, although it can vary based on local laws, 1 oz for pot is the limit before you're dealing with intent to distribute. But 2.5 oz really isn't that much in the grand scheme of things, I would have no doubt that it was for "personal use".
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:27 pm

Another embarassing incident from this team. I think the league needs to step in and discipline the Bears and Bengals. They obviously can't control their players.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:33 pm

gurnee cops must have been bored.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:44 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Another embarassing incident from this team. I think the league needs to step in and discipline the Bears and Bengals. They obviously can't control their players.

Huh?

This is Tank's third incident with the police. Not a good thing when the Bears have already lost Tommie Harris.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ateam » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:30 am

This is what happens when parents name their kids after army vehicles.

Gurnee is a Northern suburb near the Wisconsin border famous for the Great America park. Tank has 2 young kids. He's a complete buffoon to have this artillery at his home. Their is no excuse unless he thought the rich white kids would leave the amusement park to perhaps cause him bodily harm. :-?

Tank is my nominee for the David Tyrell award for '06!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:42 pm

Some interesting twists to this story now. Tank gets out on $1000 bail (which comes out to $100, lol) and now he might lose his kids to Child Services for leaving loaded handguns around the house with no security on them at all.

And apparently, it wasn't just SWAT there "just in case" but they went in full blown, with flash bangs, battering ram, and armored car. Dunno exactly the reason why they went in that way in the first place, but I guess there were reports by neighbors about his pitbulls and possible gun firing going on before which instigated the investigation sometime in Nov.

And I don't think Tank was the name given to him by his parents, lol. His real name is Terry. But it is funny how these athletes think they still need guns for protection when they live in a place like Gurnee, where the main attraction is a Six Flags amusement park and a giant outlet mall. Because you know how dangerous 10 year olds hyped up on cotton candy and bored housewives shoppping for cutlery can be, LOL.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:54 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
And I don't think Tank was the name given to him by his parents, lol. His real name is Terry. But it is funny how these athletes think they still need guns for protection when they live in a place like Gurnee, where the main attraction is a Six Flags amusement park and a giant outlet mall. Because you know how dangerous 10 year olds hyped up on cotton candy and bored housewives shoppping for cutlery can be, LOL.

you'd be surprised, the toys that little kids play with these days are dangerous. does someone have the full list of guns? i heard it and i think there was a machine gun lol

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:58 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:does someone have the full list of guns? i heard it and i think there was a machine gun lol

Right here
Lake County authorities charged Johnson, 25, with six misdemeanor counts of unlawful possession of a weapon without a Firearm Owner's Identification card. The weapons seized during the raid included a .44 magnum Smith&Wesson revolver, a .50 caliber Desert Eagle handgun, a .45 caliber handgun, a .308 caliber Winchester rifle and two assault-style rifles—a Colt AR-15 and a .223 caliber.

Of course he has a DE, lol.

Bad news though, Lovie has already decided to deactivate Tank for Sunday's game. So no Tommie and no Tank... stupid Tank.
:-#
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:42 pm

So does this mean his nickname will be Guns now instead of Tank??? :-?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk