New Orleans dining suggestions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

New Orleans dining suggestions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:14 pm

Redskins Win wrote:this is on the the company dime, but there is around $100 max budget per person, which includes drink and food, and may have to include shuttle transportation.

Arnaud's should be able to work within your budget - especially if you can do it during the day on a weekday. Our accounting fraternity (I know, I'm a dork) used to hold our semi-annual banquets there, and we usually were able to feed 40-50 people a three course meal (no alcohol included) for around $20-$30 per person, so there may be enough room for drinks as well if you stick to house wine.

It is in the middle of the Quarter, so you might be able to time it so that dinner ends around 5:00 or 6:00 on weekday, so that you hit a slow time for the restaurant, and then everyone will be right in the middle of the partying action once dinner is over.

I'm sure all of these places are used to dealing with large parties (and all of the Brennan-owned restaurants have websites), so they probably have a package of information they can send to you that will have price lists and menus.

NOTE: I just checked out Mr. B's Bistro's website (mrbsbistro.com), and they have a three course group luncheon menu that runs $25 per person with lots of different choices for entrees -dinner menus get to be much more expensive. I don't have a lot of time to go digging for the other restaurants, but you could probably find most of the information you need online.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:48 pm

excellent story Capt ;-D

abe, again thanks for the insight. this dinner is going to take place at 6:30 or so, we already have an agenda.
but again your advice is well heard.
I did a lot of digging today and found that many of the more upscale joints like we've discussed do offer parties, menus.
Just need to lock one down ;-D

and swiper that place looks yummy to and it's on my list now, thanks.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:04 pm

Well Kids I'm off to the big easy.

4 days in New Orleans. it's gonna be crazy, New Orleans Saints playoff weekend is gonna be a mad house.

If you don't hear from me in 2 weeks, i've probably been eaten by a crocodile, or some voo doo chile.

BTW the company will be treating everyone to dinner at Arnaud's, in case you wondered.

I dont' ever do send off or farewell threads but i'm really stoked to be heading south. ;-D
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:22 pm

Have a blast RW! I'd tell you to behave, but I know better. ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby The_Captain » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:11 pm

Have a great time RW! Eat and drink lots and stay off the dark streets of the French Quarter!

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:42 pm

If someone blows a powdery substance in your face and you wake up buried alive, well its been nice knowing ya. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:45 pm

Metroid wrote:If someone blows a powdery substance in your face and you wake up buried alive, well its been nice knowing ya. :-b

Quite the send off Met. !+) :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:47 pm

Dining suggestions in New Orleans?
Methinks the Saints will be dining on Eagles this weekend. :-b

Maybe something with chicken?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:58 pm

Metroid wrote:If someone blows a powdery substance in your face and you wake up buried alive, well its been nice knowing ya. :-b

should I ask them to cut me lines instead? ;-D

I'm so hammered

I went on a bar solo bar crawl up and down bourbon street.

my room is on the 2nd floor with balcony that's on bourbon street
I seem to have my own private band righ across the street playing classic rock and chick singer who is quite cute. so far, ride from airport beverages, tips and po boy catfish samich $85 ;-D
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:55 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Drunk Post^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm back yayyyy.

New Orleans was absolutely amazing.
All the planning i did for my company worked out to perfection. had the meetings in the Royal Sonesta and they catered the lunchs. the food was awesome.
Our company dinner was held at Arnaud's (Thanks Abe) that place was great and hearing about the history from the wait captain was a big hit.
wednesday when I was solo there was a bar right across the street (see drunk post above) the bands started playing around 2 pm and it was cool to go over and check out a live rock band and drink some cocktails. at 3 in the afternoon. the place is called the famous door.

the girl I've been seeing came down on thursday and after the company dinner, around 10 or so we went walking down bourbon street going in and out various bars. and low and behold walking right at us is this big dude, I realized it was tony siragusa. and i said "hey it's tony siragusa" he just looked at me like I was drunk. which I was ;-D kept on going, nite concluded around 2 ish which wasn't very condusive to having to be at a meeting at 8 am. :~(

so the friday meeting finally ends and i checked out of the Royal Sonesta, and walk 2 blocks up bourbon street to the Inn on bourbon street Ramada plaza. my room over looked bourbon street but it was on the 5th floor so the windows were sealed.
Friday nite went to Emerils for dinner and we ordered our food and i got a bottle of emerils chardonnay for consumtion with dinner. and as we're sitting chatting and checking out the place I look over toward the kitchen and BAM there's emeril working the front. so as were finishing emeril goes from the kitchen up to the bar and says hello to guess who . . . tony siragusa
but on his way back to the kitchen he walks past my table and as he's passing I say "hey emeril" and he says, as he throws me a wave, "hey"
$140 later we leave emeril's and go back to the room and start hitting the bottle, evan williams for me malibu and coke for the lady. eventually we make our back out on bourbon street party at a few more bars fat catz was really fun as well as the 544 club

saturday was great since she rented a car, we were able to leave the quarter and go out see more of the town, she's from slidel which is about 40 miles away. so she wanted to see her old home and what happned as a result of katrina.
that morning we walked down to jackson square and saw the big church and mississippi and cafe du monde had a binet, and the stoopid market i forget what it's called. it had all the little vendor chach chee's and junk, i did buy a black saints golf type shirt cause all I had were long sleeves and i was roasting.
got a mufellata from the central grocery, i don't like olives so i scraped em off (though i did try it with them)
we left for slidel and got back around 530 and i had to try a sandwich from this place called mothers, i saw on the food network, it was awesome to have it at 12 am mmmm drunk food.
oh yeah the saints played and won and the place went bizzerk, some how I got a big ass vodka and cranberry for $6, this was after a huge pat obrien's Hurricane. ;-D
jumped a flight back on sunday, and now i'm back at work
;-D

New Orleans is an awesome place, I highly recomend it to anyone who hasn't been there.
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk