why do site admins....... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

why do site admins.......

Moderator: Football Moderators

why do site admins.......

Postby culboarder » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:25 pm

why do site admins end a thread by stating their side of the arguement with a post and then they just lock it so you dont even have the chance to answer back. That is some BS.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:27 pm

Because we can... B-)

Seriously,I can only remember ever locking a few threads and they were last year,but I do think it's funnier than hell when you guys start arguing and acting like children until a mod lays the smackdown on your thread...play nice now.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:32 pm

Culboarder, you have got to be kidding me, that situation rarely happens and if it does, its usually a Mod warning someone about behaving badly and then locking a topic that has gone off course and turned into an argument or worse.

You would be better served asking the handful of people who come here to start trouble, why they do that.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:51 pm

i think you should lock this post! ive been around here a while now and never seen it happen. i know i come here to talk football as a football fan. maybe a little mild joking trash talk and thats it. the posters here dont want a bunch of no it all, loud mouth shmucks talking crap, so admins then do what everyone else wants and stops it. they are like the refs. and they are doing a great job!
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:54 pm

I have seen it happen once, I saw a post where a cheese head said that he would take Ahman Green over any other back in the league, and I went to respond, and it was locked. I had no idea why, it just was.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Homeless » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:03 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I have seen it happen once, I saw a post where a cheese head said that he would take Ahman Green over any other back in the league, and I went to respond, and it was locked. I had no idea why, it just was.

Sometimes a thread contains posts with cussing, those threads are locked and more often than not, the offending sections are removed, thats why a thread can appear to be locked for no reason. But again, that is very rare.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby K-One » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:04 pm

Never saw it happen. But if it does, it shouldn't. The reason for a forum is talk about ANYTHING. We're all big boys (and girls), we should be able to say and respond as we like. Unless something like a death threat comes thru, no posts should be locked !
QB (1) - Plummer, Leftwich
RB (2) - Alexander, Dunn, Larry Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Stephen Davis
WR (3) - Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Drew Bennett, Rod Smith, Jason Witten
K - Peterson
D - Carolina
(10 team league, pick #4)
K-One
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:08 pm

K-One wrote:Never saw it happen. But if it does, it shouldn't. The reason for a forum is talk about ANYTHING. We're all big boys (and girls), we should be able to say and respond as we like. Unless something like a death threat comes thru, no posts should be locked !

I am with the mods on this one. I think they have the right to by all means possible, stop all the cussin. I think they should continue to do it til people stop.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Homeless » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:11 pm

K-One wrote:Never saw it happen. But if it does, it shouldn't. The reason for a forum is talk about ANYTHING. We're all big boys (and girls), we should be able to say and respond as we like. Unless something like a death threat comes thru, no posts should be locked !

Thats where youre wrong, this site is frequented by kids as young as 10, they could be even younger, but thats the youngest I recall encountering here. Its also not a forum to talk about anything, the vast majority of this web site is dedicated to fantasy football, however, we do have a General Talk forum though it is subject to the same rules as the rest of the site.

By the way, congratz on 1000 posts ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:27 pm

Not to point it out, but I just saw that the !10$ bet on Finneran thread was locked too. There wasn't even any cussin in it. Is it just because it doesn't matter anymore?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk