Lion's fans REJOICE!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lion's fans REJOICE!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Santacruzer » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:44 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:now they just have to bring kurt warner and marshall faulk to the lions.

Martz ponders potential with Faulk as a Lion

Offensive coordinator still sees promise in star receiver/rusher, who missed '06 with injury.

Mike O'Hara / The Detroit News

ALLEN PARK -- Offensive coordinator Mike Martz has a Marshall plan if the Lions need help at running back in 2007.

Marshall Faulk, whose Hall of Fame career flourished in St. Louis with Martz as offensive coordinator and coach, would be a welcome addition in Detroit.

Faulk did not play this season. The Rams put him on the reserve/physically unable to play list when he did not pass a physical. Faulk is recovering from an injured knee.

Faulk was a dangerous receiving and running threat, and has more than 19,000 yards in 12 pro seasons. He has been with the Rams since 1999.

"Shoot, I'd ride a bicycle up to pick him up," Martz said after practice Thursday. "I don't know. That's not my decision. That's something that coach (Rod) Marinelli and management would have to discuss.

"Are you kidding? I'd welcome that. Wouldn't that be fun, seeing (No.) 28 running down the field?"

Faulk, 33, is working as a color analyst for the NFL Network and recently said he would like to play again. He has two years remaining on his contract in St. Louis, but the Rams are unlikely to bring him back in 2007. First-year coach Scott Linehan has turned to Stephen Jackson as the No. 1 tailback.

Signing Faulk would be insurance for tailback Kevin Jones, who underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a Lisfranc sprain in his left midfoot. The recovery period for the injury can take a year or longer, but it is possible Jones will be ready for the start of camp in July.

Jones will wear a non-weight bearing cast for six weeks and a walking cast for another six weeks.

Even if Jones is healthy, there could be a place for Faulk.

"Kevin's a workhorse," Martz said. "This guy is really special. I feel bad for him because we can't help him."
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ampant » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:21 pm

If he could still play at a high level, that would be awesome. He is my favorite player. It would be great to see him in there again (even in a Lions uni)
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby moochman » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:55 pm

I can't see Marshall ever wearing a Liars uni. I think he has more respect for the game of football than risk soiling his career by playing in Detroit.

As for the Millen firing rumors. I don't know how it hasn't happened before other than the fact that William Clay Ford, owner and Lord Idiot of the Liars, doesn't really care about what others think. He likes talking with Millen.

King idiot is the crux of what is wrong with the Detroit franchise. He is so removed from the people that he can't relate to the outrage over the embarassment that the Liars have become.
He isn't worried about the fans becuase view them any differently than a piece of football equipment. The fans, to him, are a part of the team like a prop in a play. He is no more connected to them than he is to a sweaty jock strap laying on the lockerroom floor.

There is always hope, though, maybe someone will tell him of the unrest in his kingdom and he will ax the idiot GM. Until then it will continue to be "Let them eat Millen"

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby jblank » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:47 pm

We're the Lions, not the Lion's.
jblank
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk