have you ever started this many guys from one team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

have you ever started this many guys from one team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:24 am

I have one team in my league that is a Viking fan and starts Moss, Culpepper, Burleson, Smtih, Kleinsuaceraiestasdlg-that TE guy-and Elling every week. He even started Ferrote when C-Pep was down! OBTW, he's 2-4.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby V-unit » Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:32 am

My oppenent has 5 players from the Vikings starting against me this week.He has C-pep-Moss-Williams-Eling-Vikings D.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby V-unit » Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:33 am

My oppenent has 5 players from the Vikings starting against me this week.He has C-pep-Moss-Williams-Eling-Vikings D.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:13 am

V-unit wrote:My oppenent has 5 players from the Vikings starting against me this week.He has C-pep-Moss-Williams-Eling-Vikings D.
I am a huge Viking fan, but I wouldn't do that. I wasn't even able to get one Viking on me team.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby wolfpackrulz44 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:58 pm

last week on one team i started bulger holt and looker i believe and in another bulger and holt.

bulger got 21 points and holt got 20 I believe.
wolfpackrulz44
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:25 pm

The combo QB-WR is the best one to have if your going to go with 2 players from the same team, I think 3 is pushing it a bit to much....but dont be fooled a combo of say as a example Garica and Owens or C-Pepp and Moss...those could pay off huge....but on the other side of the coin Kitna and Johnson or Carr and Johnson could kill you!...either way you take a chance when starting more then one player from the same team, but QB-WR combo seem to pay off the best...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tomkatt » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:30 pm

Cuz of the Indy bye, I've got 3 Cowboys in my lineup this week. Dr. Quincy, Galloway, & Hambrick. Troy Hambrick has been so good this year that the 'Boys are beggin the 49ers to trade them Barlow. :-o
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby emaja » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:32 pm

The payoff might be huge, but the risks are definately greater. The safest combo is a QB/RB pair since any QB/RB set that is worth having is not on a team that will be shut out of both phases of the game.

You have to play your best team every week. Kickers, DEF and TE do not count, so we are really only talking about QB/RB/WR. I do not like to do that, but against some teams (Bears, Cards, Lions, Bungles) it really can't hurt since you know that you will get your points.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Previous

Return to Football Talk