Vick at RB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vick at RB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:53 pm

beanoX3 wrote:Heh, it would cut down his interceptions, but I bet his fumbles would skyrocket considering the stupid way he waves the ball around when he runs, lol.

well i'm sure he holds the ball like that because he is thinking of throwing it and doesn't pull it in, he can learn to carry it like a normal rb!!

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:05 pm

Honestly, I think Vick at a RB type position would be ideal. Lineup with shotgun, Schaub, Vick, and Dunn/Norwood all side-by-side. Sometime direct snaps to Vick, most to Schaub, utilize Vick as a receiver in the flats, use him to pull reverses most teams don't have the speed for, really set the opposing defenses into confusion.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby programatik » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:12 pm

Vick would never go for it, regardless of whether or not Atlanta's entire RB core, FB's and possible TE's and everyone else got injured that could play the position. He believes in himself as a QB (foolishly) and wouldn't even suit up for it.
programatik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:19 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:Heh, it would cut down his interceptions, but I bet his fumbles would skyrocket considering the stupid way he waves the ball around when he runs, lol.

well i'm sure he holds the ball like that because he is thinking of throwing it and doesn't pull it in, he can learn to carry it like a normal rb!!

Thing is, I've seen plenty of times where Vick has passed the line of scrimmage and is still waving his arm around, using the football as counter-balance for some juke move he's trying to do. There's also been several times where he caused his own fumble, because the ball bounced off his leg or something, lol. I've even heard commentators and Madden comment on him waving his arm around too.

I'm sure he can learn to carry the football in a safer position if he moved to RB fulltime. But like others have said, he'll get crushed at RB, lol.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby slowride » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:05 pm

Schaub should be QB and vick should be used similar to Bush. That would make this team deadly, and a nightmare to defend. Now if only Mr Mexico would lower his ego, and accept he isn't a QB.....
Slowride is burning.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:21 pm

there is no way this could happen- it would hurt his value horribly- he would be an absolutely misderable RB

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby EagleFan68 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:31 pm

mrblitz wrote:It's won't happen. Because he would get crushed.

Nailed that one , huh?
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:27 pm

I've been thinking about this more and more and I think something like this will revolutionize offenses in the NFL.

What if Atlanta Drafts another QB that can run very well (close to, or better than vick, OR a bigger QB that can run up the middle)

Then you would put both of the players on the Field and take out a true running back.

You could do so many playactions, Flea-Flickers, HB Passes, and just so many other things that would confuse the defense so much, and eventually I think this will be the face of most NFL offenses, its just a matter of, how long?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby eman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:37 pm

That's called an option offense aaa, and unfortunately you and I will never see it in the NFL. :-b WVU and Arkansas are basically running those kinds of offenses though, and I think IF any NFL team did give it a go theyd be kindly rewarded.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk