David Pollack - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

David Pollack

Moderator: Football Moderators

David Pollack

Postby whodey#9 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:35 pm

Bengals LB David Pollack will need surgery for his fractured neck, putting his football future in jeopardy.

The Bengals won't comment on his future at this stage, but all previous signs pointed to the fact that surgery would likely end his career. Pollack and Odell Thurman were expected to be the future at linebacker for the Bengals when selected in 2005. It's a devastating blow for the Pollack, the team's 2005 first-round pick, but his chances to lead a healthy and productive life are reportedly excellent. Dec. 14 - 5:06 pm et

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:57 pm

Walk away Dave, walk away...

To me, this is a no-brainer...I pray he makes the right decision...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:51 pm

jayday wrote:Walk away Dave, walk away...

To me, this is a no-brainer...I pray he makes the right decision...

I'd say this is highly unlikely, but probably the right choice. Man I'd hate to see him get back out there and reaggrevate it.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:47 pm

I hope he does whatever he feels is best for him, if its playing football (if capable of course) than I hope thats what he does, if its not risking future injury than that is good as well, I just hope that his decison, whatever it may be, is the right one and doesn't come back to haunt him.

On another note, man Thurman and Pollack made the D for Cincy look like we had a pretty bright future on that side of the ball.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Munboy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:11 pm

As a UGA fan, I was really bummed out about this. I'm a big fan. The kid had the best motor I've seen on a football field.

Anybody have an update on how he's doing?
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:21 pm

Munboy wrote:As a UGA fan, I was really bummed out about this. I'm a big fan. The kid had the best motor I've seen on a football field.

I believe he needs more surgery and is trying to make a comeback. And yes, this guy had one heck of a motor. He was turning into a star. He's always hustling, and I really hope for the best for him.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:39 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:
Munboy wrote:As a UGA fan, I was really bummed out about this. I'm a big fan. The kid had the best motor I've seen on a football field.

I believe he needs more surgery and is trying to make a comeback. And yes, this guy had one heck of a motor. He was turning into a star. He's always hustling, and I really hope for the best for him.

He made my most favorite football play EVER.

I forget who UGA was playing, but the other team was backed up into their own end zone. The QB backed up to throw the ball and Pollack came off the edge, grabbed the QB with one arm, swung around behind the QB to knock the ball out of his hand. As he was swinging around, he fell to the ground cradling the ball in his arm. So instead of a fumble and, depending on who recovered it, a safety or TD...it was an interception for a TD. I was like. 8-o
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Munboy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:44 pm

Here's a youtube of an interview with him. The play I was talking about is about 30 seconds in.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TN1EhBcw_v0

;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sammyj1404 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:22 pm

i'm not so sure he needs more surgery. i think he just needs more rehab. after the rehab, he'll make his decision on if he is coming back or not. but he said, if his neck has 1% more chance that it would get injured again compared to his healthy neck, he won't play.
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:46 pm

Munboy wrote:Here's a youtube of an interview with him. The play I was talking about is about 30 seconds in.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TN1EhBcw_v0

;-D

WOW 8-o ... I have never seen that play before. What a play!
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Cincinnati Bengals