David Pollack - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

David Pollack

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:47 pm

sammyj1404 wrote:i'm not so sure he needs more surgery. i think he just needs more rehab. after the rehab, he'll make his decision on if he is coming back or not. but he said, if his neck has 1% more chance that it would get injured again compared to his healthy neck, he won't play.

Link?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sammyj1404 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:22 am

that play is amazing
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sammyj1404 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:00 am

ESPN wrote:CINCINNATI -- Bengals linebacker David Pollack is encouraged by his recent surgery for a cracked bone in his neck, but hasn't decided whether he will try to resume his NFL career.

Pollack hurt himself while making a tackle on Cleveland's Reuben Droughns during the second game of the season, and was put in a protective halo brace that immobilized the neck. The bone didn't heal as well as hoped, so he had surgery on Jan. 3.

"I'm encouraged by the prognosis from my recent operation," Pollack said Friday in a statement released by the team. "The doctors tell me it went well, maybe even better than expected.

"I haven't given up on the possibility of playing football again, but any decision on that is a way down the road. My recovery is not complete. I've got a ton of work to do with doctors and trainers, and my neck just has to finish healing."

A few weeks after the injury, the 24-year-old Pollack said emphatically that he wouldn't play again if there was any increased risk of another neck injury. He said at the time that his career likely would be over if doctors had to fuse two bones in the neck.

Neither Pollack nor the Bengals will disclose what doctors did during the operation. An update on the Web site for Pollack's foundation said he had the surgery "to correct the disc space" in his neck.

Earlier this week, Pollack's agent told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the linebacker's goal was to return for next season. The agent hasn't return phone messages.

Pollack didn't discuss his career in the statement Friday. He said he won't grant interviews for a while.

"It will be very helpful to me and my family at this point if I can concentrate on my rehab and start thinking about the decisions I'll have in the future," he said.

Pollack was the Bengals' first-round draft pick out of Georgia in 2005. They moved him from defensive lineman to linebacker, a transition slowed by a contract holdout during training camp.

The Bengals were hoping that Pollack and middle linebacker Odell Thurman, a former Georgia teammate taken in the second round of 2005, would anchor the defense for many years. Thurman had an impressive rookie season, but was suspended for the 2006 season because he repeatedly violated the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Thurman was suspended for the first four games of last season after he skipped a drug test. The league extended the suspension to the entire season after he was accused of drunken driving on Sept. 25.

Thurman is eligible to apply for reinstatement before next season. A pretrial hearing on his drunken driving charge is scheduled for Feb. 21 in neighboring Clermont County.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LJ's Crush » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:47 am

watch him come back and the bengals know and thats why we got rid of simons
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby sammyj1404 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:30 pm

that could very well be true, but pollack was more of an OLB when simmons was a MLB. i don't know if pollack will be able to make that position change. but what i do think is that odell will be back next year and that could be the reason for the release of simmons
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:39 am

sammyj1404 wrote:that could very well be true, but pollack was more of an OLB when simmons was a MLB. i don't know if pollack will be able to make that position change. but what i do think is that odell will be back next year and that could be the reason for the release of simmons

Simmons wasnt going to be playing MLB, he was going to be at WLB...
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sammyj1404 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:49 pm

Flux wrote:
sammyj1404 wrote:that could very well be true, but pollack was more of an OLB when simmons was a MLB. i don't know if pollack will be able to make that position change. but what i do think is that odell will be back next year and that could be the reason for the release of simmons

maybe simmons was going to move to OLB, but he did play MLB last year. so with odell still in question, we lost our starting MLB regardless of what he was going to do next year. and pollack would still have to learn how to play MLB since he's used to OLB and DE (in college). I don't think he has any chance of starting MLB this year
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:30 pm

sammyj1404 wrote:
Flux wrote:

maybe simmons was going to move to OLB, but he did play MLB last year. so with odell still in question, we lost our starting MLB regardless of what he was going to do next year. and pollack would still have to learn how to play MLB since he's used to OLB and DE (in college). I don't think he has any chance of starting MLB this year

You have confused me...

LJs Crush said that Pollack coming back could have been a reason why we let Simmons go.

Why are you thinking that means Pollack will play MLB or think someone else thought that?

There is no way at all that Pollack will play MLB, he is not built for it. He plays on the outside, so that being the case, he and Simmons could theoretically both be playing OLB (not MLB) and that is why Simmons may have been let go
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sammyj1404 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:27 pm

oh ok, i see what you are saying...i was totally confused, sorry about that! i just thought he was saying simmons got released so pollack could play mlb. nevermind, sorry
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby sammyj1404 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:52 pm

does anyone have any updates on pollack? i havent heard anything about him in a while
sammyj1404
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Cincinnati Bengals