Anyone else find this funny? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone else find this funny?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone else find this funny?

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:44 pm

I love how all of the sudden, according to the media, Houston made a huge mistake by passing on Vince Young. I find it absolutely hilarious, because 1) most of them were the same people seriously doubting his NFL ability before the draft and 2) there is no way Houston couldv'e taken a QB there. It's just so ridiculous to even talk about this, and yet they do it. Do I think they made the right decision? No, I still think they should have traded down and taken DaBrick. But there is no way in a million years they could've taken Vince. Idk, I'm bored and don't get the NFL Network lol. What do you guys think about this?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:48 pm

I think they should've given up on Carr and taken VY.

I also would've drafted Marques Colston instead of Santonio Holmes if I was Pit.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:49 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I think they should've given up on Carr and taken VY.

I also would've drafted Marques Colston instead of Santonio Holmes if I was Pit.

Lol, amen.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:03 pm

How can you NOT blame Houston? VY is just a winner. Period. I mean, just because he was a running QB in college and never had any experience reading defenses didn't make him a bad NFL prospect. Just look what this other running QB did:

- Heisman Trophy winner
- One of three quarterbacks in Division 1-A history to rush for 3,000 and pass for 4,000 yards in a career
- 13th player in NCAA to rush and pass for 1,000 in a season (1,115 rushing, 1,510 passing)
- NCAA record for most career rushing TDs by a quarterback (59)
- Tied school records in 2000 for most TD passes in a game (5 vs. Iowa)
- Most rushing TDs in a game by a quarterback (4 vs. Kansas)
- Set a QB record for most rushing TDs in a season (20)
- Set school records in 2001 for most rushing attempts in a season for a QB (203)
- Most total offense yards by a sophomore (2,158)
- Tied an NCAA record by scoring a TD via run, pass, reception in the same game (vs. Cal, 1999)

Eric Crouch. NFL legend.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Matthias » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:04 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I also would've drafted Marques Colston instead of Santonio Holmes if I was Pit.

No doubt. Can you imagine if the Steelers were getting 917 yards from their Tight End?
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:40 am

dgan wrote:How can you NOT blame Houston? VY is just a winner. Period. I mean, just because he was a running QB in college and never had any experience reading defenses didn't make him a bad NFL prospect. Just look what this other running QB did:

- Heisman Trophy winner
- One of three quarterbacks in Division 1-A history to rush for 3,000 and pass for 4,000 yards in a career
- 13th player in NCAA to rush and pass for 1,000 in a season (1,115 rushing, 1,510 passing)
- Set school records in 2001 for most rushing attempts in a season for a QB (203)
- Tied an NCAA record by scoring a TD via run, pass, reception in the same game (vs. Cal, 1999)

Eric Crouch. NFL legend.

Huh? :-?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Infidel » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:17 am

dgan wrote:How can you NOT blame Houston? VY is just a winner. Period. I mean, just because he was a running QB in college and never had any experience reading defenses didn't make him a bad NFL prospect. Just look what this other running QB did:

- Heisman Trophy winner

Eric Crouch. NFL legend.

Wow, that's some research there. Props!
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eman » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:50 am

Beaut of a post there Dgan. Im an Eric Crouch nut, so I figured after the first couple stats you were talking about him and was relieved to see you were being sarcastic about VY. ;-D
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:44 am

eman wrote:Beaut of a post there Dgan. Im an Eric Crouch nut, so I figured after the first couple stats you were talking about him and was relieved to see you were being sarcastic about VY. ;-D

Don't give me too much credit. Wikipedia - the lifesource of research. ;-D

Nothing against Crouch, of course. Still hate Nebraska, but no denying the kid was an unreal college player. I actually was looking forward to seeing if he could be a Hines Ward-type WR in the NFL until he messed up his leg. He was almost a Green Bay Packer!

VY can ask Grossman or Romo how defenses miraculously become incredibly better once they have a few games of film to study. I still think he's highly overrated as a runner (runs more like a young Culpepper than Vick), but I'm interested to see how he develops as a passer. That OC in Tennessee has a history of developing pretty good QBs, if I'm not mistaking.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby skinsfan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:43 am

Everyone knows they should've taken Bush. That team has too many holes to think about picking a QB and wrecking him, like they did to Carr. Kubiak was arrogant enough to believe that he could recreate Shanahan's system from Denver in which virtually any back thrives.

Everyone bashing Houston management is silly at this point if it doesn't involve taking Bush. He was the consensus #1 pick, and they passed on him. But the way the media's handling this, you may soon see Houston criticized for passing on...Marques Colston...!
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk