Anyone else find this funny? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone else find this funny?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:53 am

I don't understand why the worst team "drafts for need." In almost every instance, they have so many needs that you might as well take the transcendent player.

I think they should have taken Bush, but its clear that they should have taken Young.

I mean, this is callous, but if are Houston, and the owner wouldn;t you think of it this way: "Well, its clear by our sucktitude that my scouting staff isn't really above and beyond everyone else, in fact they are in the bottom half, so unless its a completely compelling argument, I'm trusting the greater NFL scouting community."

I guess my point is that their track record is such that it seems idiotic to tab carr their guy. I mean san diego still drafted a qb with brees. so what if you have young and carr? Or maybe you give carr bush for the dump off passes to keep him upright.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yellowbird » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:03 am

Remember, they tried to go for Bush, but it was the $$$$ that kept the agreement from happening. They wanted him, just at a lesser price. In other words fricking shell out the money!!!

What I don't understand is how the owners don't realize..."If I spend more money on better talent we have a better record and sell more tickets, food, and beer."

It's not like that's even a difficult math equation.

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby theimitator » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:33 am

Well, I agree that the same media that criticized VY are now singing his praises. That doesn't surprise me.

But I maintain that Houston should have drafted VY, if only for the instant revenues. That kid is from Houston, and went to college a few hundred miles away. You think Bush is a fan favorite in NO? Holy cow...

They should have drafted him, traded DD or Carr for some O-linemen and future picks, taken lumps in '06 starting Sage Rosenfeld and Ron Dayne, and then draft a RB and a defense impact player next year.

But I might be biased. I live in Austin. :-D
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Nooner » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:35 am

skinsfan wrote:Kubiak was arrogant enough to believe that he could recreate Shanahan's system from Denver in which virtually any back thrives.

I don't think Kubiak was arrogant, remember, they thought they were going to have a healthy Dom. Davis. It wasn't until after the draft that they found out that he would be out for the season; at that point it was too late to get another running back. I'll be shocked if the Texans don't take a RB early in the draft next year.
Nooner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skinsfan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:43 am

Nooner wrote:
skinsfan wrote:Kubiak was arrogant enough to believe that he could recreate Shanahan's system from Denver in which virtually any back thrives.

I don't think Kubiak was arrogant, remember, they thought they were going to have a healthy Dom. Davis. It wasn't until after the draft that they found out that he would be out for the season; at that point it was too late to get another running back. I'll be shocked if the Texans don't take a RB early in the draft next year.

Everyone and their mother knew after last season that Davis was damaged goods and would be lucky to make it through 16 as anything more than a 3rd-down back.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dgan » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:38 am

skinsfan wrote:
Nooner wrote:

Everyone and their mother knew after last season that Davis was damaged goods and would be lucky to make it through 16 as anything more than a 3rd-down back.

If Kubiak's mother knew that, she should have told him. Obviously they were expecting him to be back or they wouldn't have picked up 2 garbage backs from other teams in the first couple weeks.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby eman » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:32 am

I agree Houston shouldve taken VY, purely due to the financial reward. Bush would likely have brought them more talent and success, but VY definitely would've brought more money since he was a hometowner and is exciting to watch in his own right.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:31 pm

The Texans were stupid pure and simple for not taking Bush, and if not Bush, hometown icon VY. The money made in jerseys and such on either of these would have more than paid for their contracts.

And there is the fact that Bush is the perfect back for their system and VY is a great QB to have with a terrible pass blocking line. The Texans now learn first hand what they only had to look at Millen for: You cannot afford to miss on early picks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:47 pm

Yes, it's clear that Young would have cured all the Texans woes and they would be Superbowl champions this year. ;-7

In reality, you would simply be starting at the bottom and getting another young talented QB beat up. QB is not the problem there. Keeping him upright has been the biggest problem.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:22 pm

Matthias wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:I also would've drafted Marques Colston instead of Santonio Holmes if I was Pit.

No doubt. Can you imagine if the Steelers were getting 917 yards from their Tight End?

colston is only listed as a tight end on yahoo. he's a wide receiver in real life.

but yea, colston would be nice, but santonio is still looking like he'll be a good receiver.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk