Postby fntsyrookie » Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:34 pm

O.k. here is my team.

QB Bledsoe, Favre
RB Faulk,Bennett, J. White, L. Gordon
WR P.Price, Conway, Stallworth
TE Pollard McMichael
K Vanderjagt
D Miami

This week the byes are going to kill me. Faulk, Conway, Favre (he's hurt anyway and my Defense are on byes.

My starting line up will look something like this. Bledsoe, Bennett, J. White, P.Price, Stallworth (if healed), Pollard, and Vanderjagt with no defense. I'm 4-3 in my league and sitting in 4th place. I really would like to win this week because I'm playing the last place team and it is a very close league. 1st place is 6-1, 2nd and 3rd at 5-2, and a bunch at 4-3 (I have the most points of that lot hence 4th) I also have more points then both of the 5-2 teams so if I win and they lose this week I'll be in 2nd and sitting good with byes essentially out of the way.

Here are my questions. Should I offer a trade to try and pick up a receiver? And if so who should I offer? If Stallworth doesn't play I'm screwed. Also, is it wise to not start a defense? He's got Carolina's D who got lit up by Atlanta last week, but they are play a struggling Tampa offense. I really don't want to drop anybody I have to pick up a D. What should I do there?

Faulk being out really hurts because he is on a tear. Bennett doesn't do much and until Butch Davis pulls his head out and sticks to White, Green will steal touches. Does anybody have any suggestions? Do I just start what I have and pray? Thanks I'm not opptimistic about this week at all.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:41 pm

not many people will be feelin good about their week 8 lineups with players like favre, green, faulk, holt, tomlinson, and williams out.

how deep is ur league? if stallworth isnt lookin like hes gonna play, u might wanna drop him for a free agent wr with a good matchup. as for playin no defense, i dont think that is a good idea. id be tempted to dump lamar gordon just becuz i would hate to have an empty spot on my roster. then try to pick him up again right after week 8. i dunno thats a tough decision to make. i wouldnt say u have no chance especially if u r playin the last place team. wut does their team look like?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SuperCafone » Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:04 pm

You have to play a defense, any defense will be better than not getting a single point, I would also drop L. Gordon and get a receiver out there I would not trust Stallworth being back next game, and even if hes back his gonna take Reed's place as 3rd receiver. Check the FA pool and see what is good in there and post it here there has to be something you can do.
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fntsyrookie » Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:39 am

Thanks for the info guys. I don't know who he really has on his team (I know he had Warner and Brunell) but has since picked up both Pennington and Harrington. I know he's got Travis Henry too. After that he doesn't have much. I would check it now but I'm at work and I can't get on to my league website from here. I'll pick up a D and shop around for a receiver on the FA market. I'll keep my eyes and ears open until around gametime to see if Stallworth is playing. If not I'll get someone quick.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk