Champ Bailey's Assignment vs. Arizona - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Champ Bailey's Assignment vs. Arizona

Moderator: Football Moderators

Champ Bailey's Assignment vs. Arizona

Postby Armchair Quarterback » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:55 pm

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to who Champ Bailey will be assigned to against Arizona? I have seen conflicting reports both on websites and on various threads here on the board. As this question will undoubtedly affect many fantasy lineups and playoff outcomes, I definitely feel this deserves some discussion and investigating.

If anyone has any answers, owners of Boldin and/or Fitzgerald would appreciate it, I'm sure.

THANKS! ;-D
Armchair Quarterback
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:56 pm

He generally stays on the left side of the field....i believe that fitz/boldin also play on their own sides of the field, so champ would be lined up versus fitzgerald. Arizona throws it so much though i think fitzgerald will still put up decent numbers.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:00 pm

Well, Darent Williams is questionable right now, so if he doesn't play, it might not be so much the presence of Champ that determines who Leinart will throw it to, but the presence of a backup CB that Leinart can pick on, lol.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:39 pm

beanoX3 wrote:Well, Darent Williams is questionable right now, so if he doesn't play, it might not be so much the presence of Champ that determines who Leinart will throw it to, but the presence of a backup CB that Leinart can pick on, lol.

Then again, Williams really hasn't done much on his own, so maybe a change will be good? :-?
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:40 pm

I think that Denver will try and put Champ up against Boldin as much as possible, Bailey's strengths (speed, technical stuff) match up poorly against a big, not-as-fast guy like Fitz.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby benb18a » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:12 pm

Whoever they put on Wayne got absolutely raped, so IMO whoever Champ isn't covering will probably have a great game ;-D

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:25 pm

NittanyLions wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:Well, Darent Williams is questionable right now, so if he doesn't play, it might not be so much the presence of Champ that determines who Leinart will throw it to, but the presence of a backup CB that Leinart can pick on, lol.

Then again, Williams really hasn't done much on his own, so maybe a change will be good? :-?

That is what I was going to say- if Williams plays, I would attack him play after play...I'm also a Boldin ownder trying to make it to the finals, so that would be nice.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eman » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:29 am

I think Bailey gets Fitz. As said before, Bailey usually lines up left side so he'll face Fitz. Also, going against Fitz he should have a good shot at an int due to the speed difference.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby upslogger19 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:49 pm

Atog wrote:I think that Denver will try and put Champ up against Boldin as much as possible, Bailey's strengths (speed, technical stuff) match up poorly against a big, not-as-fast guy like Fitz.

Fitz is faster than Boldin. Boldin is one of the slowest receivers in the NFL. IIRC he only ran a 4.7 40 coming out of Florida State. I think Champ will be covering Fitz most of the game.
No drafts yet.
upslogger19
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:56 pm

If Denver's D coord had any bit of intelligence and dilligence in going over past mistakes, then he should come to the realization that it's not so smart to latch Champ onto just one WR when the opponent has 2 very good receivers. If he needs a glaring example, then the Colts @ Broncos game should be his blueprint.

What I'd do if I was Denver's defensive coordinator would be to have Champ assigned to one guy at first, then swap him to the other receiver in order to play games with a rookie QB's head. Leinart may be polished from his days with USC, but he's already proven that NFL defenders can confuse the crap out of him.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk