New Jersey approves gay "unions" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

New Jersey approves gay "unions"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:41 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:Here's an interesting article that just came out today on gay sheep. I thought it was worth a read.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... _1,00.html

What I'd like to see is the research on these animals who "mount" the same sex. The question I'd like to see an answer to is whether these animals are actually "homosexual" or if they're simply acting out mating actions on other males/females to show dominance. Do these animals also have sex with opposite sex animals? If so, does that make them "bi?"

My take on this, without having read any solid, convincing research to show that these animals are truly gay, would lead me to believe that they are, in fact, simply acting out sexually in a way to establish dominance. The "gay animal" diagnosis comes in from people wanting to see that result.

One of the links I posted earlier in this thread was about two male penguins in Central Park Zoo who have been a couple for more than six years now. They don't attempt to mate with the females, and they ignore all of the passes that the ladies have made at them. Anyway, they have been together exclusively for years now, and they have sex, but also display non-sexual affection exactly like what female/male penguin couples exhibit towards each other. Also, they hatched an egg and raised the chick to adulthood.

If I'm not mistaken, these were the same two penquins who went on to write and star in "Happy Feet".
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:42 pm

josebach wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:Here's an interesting article that just came out today on gay sheep. I thought it was worth a read.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... _1,00.html

What I'd like to see is the research on these animals who "mount" the same sex. The question I'd like to see an answer to is whether these animals are actually "homosexual" or if they're simply acting out mating actions on other males/females to show dominance. Do these animals also have sex with opposite sex animals? If so, does that make them "bi?"

My take on this, without having read any solid, convincing research to show that these animals are truly gay, would lead me to believe that they are, in fact, simply acting out sexually in a way to establish dominance. The "gay animal" diagnosis comes in from people wanting to see that result.

One of the links I posted earlier in this thread was about two male penguins in Central Park Zoo who have been a couple for more than six years now. They don't attempt to mate with the females, and they ignore all of the passes that the ladies have made at them. Anyway, they have been together exclusively for years now, and they have sex, but also display non-sexual affection exactly like what female/male penguin couples exhibit towards each other. Also, they hatched an egg and raised the chick to adulthood.

If I'm not mistaken, these were the same two penquins who went on to write and star in "Happy Feet".

:-b :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:00 pm

Maybe it's finally time to take this off on the tangent it almost got off on on page 1 - gay Teamsters! 8-o
http://www.teamstersglbt.org/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:05 pm

stomperrob wrote:Maybe it's finally time to take this off on the tangent it almost got off on on page 1 - gay Teamsters! 8-o

Jimmy Hoffa must be rolling in his grave under Giants stadium. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:09 am

Art Vandelay wrote:

How did they get the egg?
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:34 am

Goatwhacker wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

Gay couples are allowed to adopt now! ;-) :-D
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:39 am

stomperrob wrote:Maybe it's finally time to take this off on the tangent it almost got off on on page 1 - gay Teamsters! 8-o

"Transgender" Teamsters? Now there's a picket line you don't see every day. 60 Drag Queens, Holding Signs, Marching for their right to wear size 16EEE pumps to the Plant.

:-o

:-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:59 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:

"Transgender" Teamsters? Now there's a picket line you don't see every day. 60 Drag Queens, Holding Signs, Marching for their right to wear size 16EEE pumps to the Plant.

:-o

stomperrob

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:30 am

Goatwhacker wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

And which came first?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:38 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

And which came first?

the Rooster of course 8-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk