New Jersey approves gay "unions" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

New Jersey approves gay "unions"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:41 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:Here's an interesting article that just came out today on gay sheep. I thought it was worth a read.


http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... _1,00.html


What I'd like to see is the research on these animals who "mount" the same sex. The question I'd like to see an answer to is whether these animals are actually "homosexual" or if they're simply acting out mating actions on other males/females to show dominance. Do these animals also have sex with opposite sex animals? If so, does that make them "bi?"

My take on this, without having read any solid, convincing research to show that these animals are truly gay, would lead me to believe that they are, in fact, simply acting out sexually in a way to establish dominance. The "gay animal" diagnosis comes in from people wanting to see that result.


One of the links I posted earlier in this thread was about two male penguins in Central Park Zoo who have been a couple for more than six years now. They don't attempt to mate with the females, and they ignore all of the passes that the ladies have made at them. Anyway, they have been together exclusively for years now, and they have sex, but also display non-sexual affection exactly like what female/male penguin couples exhibit towards each other. Also, they hatched an egg and raised the chick to adulthood.


If I'm not mistaken, these were the same two penquins who went on to write and star in "Happy Feet".
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:42 pm

josebach wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:Here's an interesting article that just came out today on gay sheep. I thought it was worth a read.


http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... _1,00.html


What I'd like to see is the research on these animals who "mount" the same sex. The question I'd like to see an answer to is whether these animals are actually "homosexual" or if they're simply acting out mating actions on other males/females to show dominance. Do these animals also have sex with opposite sex animals? If so, does that make them "bi?"

My take on this, without having read any solid, convincing research to show that these animals are truly gay, would lead me to believe that they are, in fact, simply acting out sexually in a way to establish dominance. The "gay animal" diagnosis comes in from people wanting to see that result.


One of the links I posted earlier in this thread was about two male penguins in Central Park Zoo who have been a couple for more than six years now. They don't attempt to mate with the females, and they ignore all of the passes that the ladies have made at them. Anyway, they have been together exclusively for years now, and they have sex, but also display non-sexual affection exactly like what female/male penguin couples exhibit towards each other. Also, they hatched an egg and raised the chick to adulthood.


If I'm not mistaken, these were the same two penquins who went on to write and star in "Happy Feet".


:-b :-b
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:00 pm

Maybe it's finally time to take this off on the tangent it almost got off on on page 1 - gay Teamsters! 8-o
http://www.teamstersglbt.org/
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 168)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:05 pm

stomperrob wrote:Maybe it's finally time to take this off on the tangent it almost got off on on page 1 - gay Teamsters! 8-o
http://www.teamstersglbt.org/


Jimmy Hoffa must be rolling in his grave under Giants stadium. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:09 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
One of the links I posted earlier in this thread was about two male penguins in Central Park Zoo who have been a couple for more than six years now. They don't attempt to mate with the females, and they ignore all of the passes that the ladies have made at them. Anyway, they have been together exclusively for years now, and they have sex, but also display non-sexual affection exactly like what female/male penguin couples exhibit towards each other. Also, they hatched an egg and raised the chick to adulthood.


How did they get the egg?
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3010
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flyover Country

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:34 am

Goatwhacker wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
One of the links I posted earlier in this thread was about two male penguins in Central Park Zoo who have been a couple for more than six years now. They don't attempt to mate with the females, and they ignore all of the passes that the ladies have made at them. Anyway, they have been together exclusively for years now, and they have sex, but also display non-sexual affection exactly like what female/male penguin couples exhibit towards each other. Also, they hatched an egg and raised the chick to adulthood.


How did they get the egg?


Gay couples are allowed to adopt now! ;-) :-D
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 168)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby Kilroy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:39 am

stomperrob wrote:Maybe it's finally time to take this off on the tangent it almost got off on on page 1 - gay Teamsters! 8-o
http://www.teamstersglbt.org/


"Transgender" Teamsters? Now there's a picket line you don't see every day. 60 Drag Queens, Holding Signs, Marching for their right to wear size 16EEE pumps to the Plant.

:-o

:-D
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:59 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Maybe it's finally time to take this off on the tangent it almost got off on on page 1 - gay Teamsters! 8-o
http://www.teamstersglbt.org/


"Transgender" Teamsters? Now there's a picket line you don't see every day. 60 Drag Queens, Holding Signs, Marching for their right to wear size 16EEE pumps to the Plant.

:-o

:-D


Image
:-D
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 168)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:30 am

Goatwhacker wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
One of the links I posted earlier in this thread was about two male penguins in Central Park Zoo who have been a couple for more than six years now. They don't attempt to mate with the females, and they ignore all of the passes that the ladies have made at them. Anyway, they have been together exclusively for years now, and they have sex, but also display non-sexual affection exactly like what female/male penguin couples exhibit towards each other. Also, they hatched an egg and raised the chick to adulthood.


How did they get the egg?


And which came first?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:38 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
One of the links I posted earlier in this thread was about two male penguins in Central Park Zoo who have been a couple for more than six years now. They don't attempt to mate with the females, and they ignore all of the passes that the ladies have made at them. Anyway, they have been together exclusively for years now, and they have sex, but also display non-sexual affection exactly like what female/male penguin couples exhibit towards each other. Also, they hatched an egg and raised the chick to adulthood.


How did they get the egg?


And which came first?


the Rooster of course 8-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:06 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact