Wow just wow. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Wow just wow.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wow just wow.

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:59 pm

Well I might as well be the one to unveil the Ducks new helmets, thats right new helmets....again. I love the Ducks and I would root for them no matter what they wore but some of these uniform changes really make it tough. Now its not for sure they'll wear these things next season but most likely they will be worn in their bowl game. Well anyway here they are in all their splendor.:-?
Image
http://www.registerguard.com/news/2006/ ... ion=sports
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:04 pm

Met how many times have they chaged unis in the last 5 years?
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby Sandrock » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:06 pm

Don't know if you ever read the Guard Met, but it's like Bellamy said. You don't go breaking out new equipment unless you've played well enough to deserve it.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:15 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Met how many times have they chaged unis in the last 5 years?


The helmets have not changed in a while but the uni design has changed 3 times in five years.

Sandrock wrote:Don't know if you ever read the Guard Met, but it's like Bellamy said. You don't go breaking out new equipment unless you've played well enough to deserve it.


I try not to read the Republican Guard much, but I do on occasion. I missed that article by Bellamy, but I totally agree. Actually when I think about it making the players wear those helmets may be more of a punishment than a reward. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby Sandrock » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:38 pm

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Met how many times have they chaged unis in the last 5 years?


The helmets have not changed in a while but the uni design has changed 3 times in five years.

Sandrock wrote:Don't know if you ever read the Guard Met, but it's like Bellamy said. You don't go breaking out new equipment unless you've played well enough to deserve it.


I try not to read the Republican Guard much, but I do on occasion. I missed that article by Bellamy, but I totally agree. Actually when I think about it making the players wear those helmets may be more of a punishment than a reward. :-b


They do look like Bile, so you might be right.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:06 pm

Sandrock wrote:
Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Met how many times have they chaged unis in the last 5 years?


The helmets have not changed in a while but the uni design has changed 3 times in five years.

Sandrock wrote:Don't know if you ever read the Guard Met, but it's like Bellamy said. You don't go breaking out new equipment unless you've played well enough to deserve it.


I try not to read the Republican Guard much, but I do on occasion. I missed that article by Bellamy, but I totally agree. Actually when I think about it making the players wear those helmets may be more of a punishment than a reward. :-b


They do look like Bile, so you might be right.


Yeah and what are those flames about? I'd really like to know who the heck thought this was a good idea so I can hand them a beating. They're making it tough to be a Duck fan. :-t
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby eman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:17 pm

I'm sure Im in the minority here, but I actually like it. It's still not as good as their current helmets though, which I've always felt were a bright spot amongst the bile that is the Duck's Unis.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1392
Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SoCal

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:24 pm

I don't even think u will be able to see the flames, its gonna look like the Irish Helmets
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby Metroid » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:51 am

Before I say I completely hate them I'll have to see how they work with their unis. However I imagine those with the yellow unis and cringe. Like deeray said you prolly wont be able to see the ghost flames which I think is a good thing. I hope they at least slap the 'O' on the side. :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby CC » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:57 am

Those look like the paintjob on a souped up Civic.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Next

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:00 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact