Wow just wow. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Wow just wow.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wow just wow.

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:59 pm

Well I might as well be the one to unveil the Ducks new helmets, thats right new helmets....again. I love the Ducks and I would root for them no matter what they wore but some of these uniform changes really make it tough. Now its not for sure they'll wear these things next season but most likely they will be worn in their bowl game. Well anyway here they are in all their splendor.:-?
http://www.registerguard.com/news/2006/ ... ion=sports
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:04 pm

Met how many times have they chaged unis in the last 5 years?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:06 pm

Don't know if you ever read the Guard Met, but it's like Bellamy said. You don't go breaking out new equipment unless you've played well enough to deserve it.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:15 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Met how many times have they chaged unis in the last 5 years?

The helmets have not changed in a while but the uni design has changed 3 times in five years.

Sandrock wrote:Don't know if you ever read the Guard Met, but it's like Bellamy said. You don't go breaking out new equipment unless you've played well enough to deserve it.

I try not to read the Republican Guard much, but I do on occasion. I missed that article by Bellamy, but I totally agree. Actually when I think about it making the players wear those helmets may be more of a punishment than a reward. :-b
Metroid

Postby Sandrock » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:38 pm

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Met how many times have they chaged unis in the last 5 years?

The helmets have not changed in a while but the uni design has changed 3 times in five years.

Sandrock wrote:Don't know if you ever read the Guard Met, but it's like Bellamy said. You don't go breaking out new equipment unless you've played well enough to deserve it.

I try not to read the Republican Guard much, but I do on occasion. I missed that article by Bellamy, but I totally agree. Actually when I think about it making the players wear those helmets may be more of a punishment than a reward. :-b

They do look like Bile, so you might be right.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:06 pm

Sandrock wrote:
Metroid wrote:

They do look like Bile, so you might be right.

Yeah and what are those flames about? I'd really like to know who the heck thought this was a good idea so I can hand them a beating. They're making it tough to be a Duck fan. :-t
Metroid

Postby eman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:17 pm

I'm sure Im in the minority here, but I actually like it. It's still not as good as their current helmets though, which I've always felt were a bright spot amongst the bile that is the Duck's Unis.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:24 pm

I don't even think u will be able to see the flames, its gonna look like the Irish Helmets
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:51 am

Before I say I completely hate them I'll have to see how they work with their unis. However I imagine those with the yellow unis and cringe. Like deeray said you prolly wont be able to see the ghost flames which I think is a good thing. I hope they at least slap the 'O' on the side. :-?
Metroid

Postby CC » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:57 am

Those look like the paintjob on a souped up Civic.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football