Wow just wow. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Wow just wow.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:08 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Metroid wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I think they're just trying to keep changing uniforms until they find one that makes them play better. ;-7 :-b ;-)

Well they got their first new unis in the Harrington era and that worked out pretty good. Then they started changing them more than I change my drawers and that hasnt worked out so well. You know it wouldnt bother me so much if the changes they made looked good. Whats strange is there had to be a group of people who first saw these new helmets and were like, "Man those look awsome! Our fans are gonna love these!" To those schmucks I give a stiff middle finger.

It's all about the almighty $ my friend. That's the one and ONLY reason why any team changes their uniforms or has "alternate" uniforms. And you know what? It really doesn't matter how they look because people will buy them no matter what. Of course more people might buy them if they looked good, but if sales are slow they'll just change them again and make everyone buy another jersey, hat, shirt, etc. :-t

Thats the thing though, the university is not hard up for money. Having an alumn with very very deep pockets means they pay for hardly anything when it comes to the football program. I really think they could care less if the public buys their jerseys as long as their #1 booster is happy. I dont think that they dont care about their fans at all, but every year I start to wonder more and more. :-?

But then I cant really blame them. If you've ever been to Eugene you know that the city doesnt exactly scream Duck country. I find it a little embarrassing. Go to Corvallis or Pullman or Berkley or most other college towns and the support of their university athletics programs is obvious. However in Eugene the support is a little harder to see. Its almost an ambiguous city. Hell you can purchase Beavers gear in local shops! Try and find a Ducks hat in Corvallis, that shop owner would be lynched. I guess s a lot of this has to do with the cities make up, on one hand you have the tree hugging hippies who mainly could care less about sports and on the other you have the posh upper class who are for the most part johnny come lately fans. With of course the die hards sprinkled here and there. Dont get me wrong Oregon fans do show up for games no matter what their background, but I just wish there was a little more support from the community. I really dont see all these changes in the Ducks image helping that cause any. Not that the school is reaching out anyways.:-?

End rant. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aldridg6in » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:24 pm

First, I caught some of the Oregon game and those helmets were awful. The Ducks unis in general are pretty bad.

What's funny about all of this to me is that we're talking about Oregon here. I'm not discounting the Ducks' athletic teams or achievements because I actually respect the school, but there are many other higher profile schools that don't have alternate jerseys. If it were really about money I'm sure all top 25 football or basketball schools would be coming up with 2 more jerseys. Are any other high profile schools actually doing this? Just curious...
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:48 am

aldridg6in wrote:First, I caught some of the Oregon game and those helmets were awful. The Ducks unis in general are pretty bad.

What's funny about all of this to me is that we're talking about Oregon here. I'm not discounting the Ducks' athletic teams or achievements because I actually respect the school, but there are many other higher profile schools that don't have alternate jerseys. If it were really about money I'm sure all top 25 football or basketball schools would be coming up with 2 more jerseys. Are any other high profile schools actually doing this? Just curious...

I don't think that a lot of schools are changing their uniforms as often as Oregon has recently, but I know that some schools have those 3rd "alternate" uniforms. The only reason for that is to bleed more $ from their fans IMO. :,-(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:43 am

LMFAO! :-b

It's like 4:30 in the morning and ESPN is replaying the Tulsa/Utah game.

I just heard Mike Patrick say, and I quote: "Oregon's silly helmets cost them 10 points in their Bowl game."

:-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Atog » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:45 pm

Apparently several teams have been inspired by Oregon, and have decided to change their helmet designs!

Although I don't think the average Ohio State fan will get that last one ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby niblet » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:44 pm

Atog wrote:Image

Who's this?
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:19 pm

niblet wrote:

Who's this?

8-o

Hawkeye from M.A.S.H

Have you never seen M.A.S.H?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:07 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
niblet wrote:

Who's this?

8-o

Hawkeye from M.A.S.H

Have you never seen M.A.S.H?

I can't believe he had to ask - - that and the one for my Wolverines are priceless, lol!!! I give them a big 2 thumbs up

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Sandrock » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:44 pm

There's nothing wrong with never having seen MASH. I've never watched it. Then again, I didnt start watching TV until college.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:49 pm

Sandrock wrote:There's nothing wrong with never having seen MASH. I've never watched it. Then again, I didnt start watching TV until college.

yet i am sure you knew who that was and what show he was on
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football