Ron Mexico shows his true colors - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Ron Mexico shows his true colors

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby EagleFan68 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:36 am

eman wrote:You'd take VY over Vick???? Hahaha, you do realize that you get closer and closer to a fetus's intelligece with each post you make, right?

Watching Young play, I'd take him in a second over Vick

See, we have all seen the best of Mike Vick. Great runner, terrible QB. Can't read defenses, canon arm, no touch, bad passer.

Young has already shown how he can manage a game, read defenses, run AND PASS with accurracy and he has only started a handful of game. He is going to get better and better, that is why I would take Young over Vick.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sharpie » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:08 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Sharpie wrote:I guess this is just another blatant, disgusting racist comment that we're all supposed to awkwardly chuckle at and turn our backs, right? :-t

Congratulations Sharpie, you've just won the "Dumber than the Original Post" Award for this one. Not even Al Sharpton could read the original post and so blindly jump to the conclusion that it was racially motivated, so I congratulate you on your ability to make that leap... The only thing worse than a racist (okay, not the only thing, but one of) is someone who jumps up and cries "Racist!" without cause... :-t

It's clear through personal messages that the original poster is not criticizing Vick because he is black. At the time that I posted my comment, I should have been more aware of the fact that there are younger members here at the cafe. That ignorance, and my recent experience with racism towards Vick prompted my rash judgement of the situation.

I will stand by the fact that there exists a subtle, underlying prejudice against Michael Vick in particular, as he is now the most visible and popular black QB in the NFL, and as such he is singled out by those who, maybe even unknowingly, criticize him unfairly because of racial prejudice.

McNabb used to get the brunt of racial prejudice against black QBs, now it's Vick- it doesn't have to be obvious like Rush Limbaugh's racist comments towards McNabb.

It was wrong of me to call out the original poster, but at least if my mistake at least opened eyes to the issue, I can live with that.
Sharpie
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:19 am

In ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby dgan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:12 am

EagleFan68 wrote:
eman wrote:You'd take VY over Vick???? Hahaha, you do realize that you get closer and closer to a fetus's intelligece with each post you make, right?

Watching Young play, I'd take him in a second over Vick

See, we have all seen the best of Mike Vick. Great runner, terrible QB. Can't read defenses, canon arm, no touch, bad passer.

Young has already shown how he can manage a game, read defenses, run AND PASS with accurracy and he has only started a handful of game. He is going to get better and better, that is why I would take Young over Vick.

Great. Then why don't you start a "I love Vince Young" thread instead of this one? You would take anyone over Vick because he isn't a prototypical QB and you don't think it is possible to win without one. Maybe you're right, but since he is such an unbelievable talent as in on the team, why do you blame the Falcons for trying? And why do you blame Vick for doing what he does best?

And for the record:

Young: 156/301 - 1789yds - 51.8% - 5.94ypa - 10TD - 11INT - 65.9 passer rating - 462 rushing - 6.3 avg - 5 TD - 5 fumbles

Vick: 187/354 - 2284 - 52.8% - 6.45ypa - 19TD - 11INT - 77.9 passer rating - 990 rushing - 8.5 avg - 2 TD - 4 fumbles

Please, please - start a thread that explains how Young is SOOOO much better than Vick. Vick has better completion percentage, better yards per attempt, better TD/INT ratio, better QB Rating, better rushing average, and fewer fumbles in more games. AND he has been the most scrutinized QB on tape by defensive coordinators over the past 5 years, whereas coordinators are just now getting tape to begin scheming on Young.

Next time you vent on a player, you better have something other than your feelings, which are so reliable, to back up your argument.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:54 am

dgan wrote:And for the record:

Young: 156/301 - 1789yds - 51.8% - 5.94ypa - 10TD - 11INT - 65.9 passer rating - 462 rushing - 6.3 avg - 5 TD - 5 fumbles

Vick: 187/354 - 2284 - 52.8% - 6.45ypa - 19TD - 11INT - 77.9 passer rating - 990 rushing - 8.5 avg - 2 TD - 4 fumbles

Please, please - start a thread that explains how Young is SOOOO much better than Vick. Vick has better completion percentage, better yards per attempt, better TD/INT ratio, better QB Rating, better rushing average, and fewer fumbles in more games. AND he has been the most scrutinized QB on tape by defensive coordinators over the past 5 years, whereas coordinators are just now getting tape to begin scheming on Young.

Next time you vent on a player, you better have something other than your feelings, which are so reliable, to back up your argument.

Sombody's gotta say it:

EaglesFan - you got PWNED!!!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D ;-D ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting