Playoffs? Nope- now who do you want in the draft. And Why? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

Playoffs? Nope- now who do you want in the draft. And Why?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playoffs? Nope- now who do you want in the draft. And Why?

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:48 pm

Ok, so technically we're still in contention for the playoffs. But it ain't happening. So who do you want in the NFL draft. Please don't spout off "Adian Peterson, woohooo!" and give us no rationale. Ok, CC can do that, but he's got a man-crush. Either way, I think we've won too many games to grab him. Also, btw. It looks like we'll be losing Jagodzinski to BC so we'll need a new OC. Ideas for that are open to discussion. Who knows the zone blocking system? McCarthy wants to run that so an OC familiar with the system would make sense. Obvious choices are people from Denver/Atlanta, but maybe someone from Minnesota (college) or another program.
My guy:
1)Laron Landry-The best safety at our biggest need. Collins is a good tackler, but beyond that he looks lost. Almost as lost as.... Marquand Manuel. This guy has had biig biig problems all year. Our corners are solid, we need someone who can roam deep and break up passes without getting burned.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreenBay4Life » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:55 am

not sure who to draft havent look at any potential players as a yet... these things change till april due to times and numbers and younger guys coming out. But i do know some positions i would like the pack to address. They are 1. TE 2. DL 3. 2nddary 4. Wr 5. KR 6. OL

I would really like them to get a solid TE 1st round though farve is so much better with a solid TE. Think back to chumura he loves the Te in this offense. Then they just need to work on depth and get solid players. I would also like a good kick returner ie. desmond howard, allen roosum when we had guys like that we use to get the ball with just half a field to drive. As far as OC i have no idea where they are going to go. Im kind of disappointed bc i think this offense was just starting to click and he is going to leave now. Hopefully we can promote from within. I hear mccarthy does all the calls anyway so we just need a teacher. thats my rant. any ideas?

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:50 pm

GreenBay4Life wrote:not sure who to draft havent look at any potential players as a yet... these things change till april due to times and numbers and younger guys coming out. But i do know some positions i would like the pack to address. They are 1. TE 2. DL 3. 2nddary 4. Wr 5. KR 6. OL

I would really like them to get a solid TE 1st round though farve is so much better with a solid TE. Think back to chumura he loves the Te in this offense. Then they just need to work on depth and get solid players. I would also like a good kick returner ie. desmond howard, allen roosum when we had guys like that we use to get the ball with just half a field to drive. As far as OC i have no idea where they are going to go. Im kind of disappointed bc i think this offense was just starting to click and he is going to leave now. Hopefully we can promote from within. I hear mccarthy does all the calls anyway so we just need a teacher. thats my rant. any ideas?

As far as DL, I'm not that worried. We beat up on the Lions, and it was the Lions, but I think we might have found something in Cullen Jenkins. Pickett has been good enough also stopping the run, and Kampman has been very good all year. We could use another DT to eat up blockers in the run game, just so that our LBs can get to the ball carrier.
In the secondary we need a nickleback or develepmental young corner and at least 1 safety through Free Agency or the draft.
Agree on the TE factor. David Martin just drops passes like he wants to. Bubba has been called on a lot to block because of the young O-line. I like the KR idea. Big returns, even ones that aren't TDs can really spark a team. Woodson has been poor returning punts and our KRs are nothing special. WR could be addressed through FA or the draft. All things considered we will get Koren Robinson some time next year.
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GreenBay4Life » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:21 am

if we keep winning we are going to get a crappy pick. plus losing are ocord. really hurts.

GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:32 pm

So we're picking 16th. We're looking at maybe Marshawn Lynch, maybe (a bigger maybe) Laron Landry, maybe Dewayne Jarrett (depending on how he times). Even so, Jarrett is a playmaker so if he doesn't time well I'm not too worried. I don't think I want Reggie Nelson at safety although that seems like a popular pick.
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GreenBay4Life » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:07 pm

dont see jarrett being the pick at 16.... packers seen to take wrs that come from small schools or no name guys. jarrett i dont see fitting there system. safety,rb, or dline is where i think there going. right im thinking safety i would love for them to hold off and get the ND safety in the 2nd rd his name escapes me but he is a solid player not a big name guy but just a ball hawk old school player. what you think?

GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:51 am

Zbikowsky. He's a big hitter that really didn't have a good year. He really isn't very good at all in coverage, and to be honest he is basically an in the box safety. Since our problems were mostly with coverage I don't think he's the main guy. That said, he really hasn't impressed anyone, so he's likely to be a 2nd day pick, probably 5-7th rounds so we could get him pretty cheap without much risk.
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GreenBay4Life » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:48 am

i was reading 2nd rd for that guy. i heard about the coverage but i heard he is just a player. his numbers might not be there but the guy just plays. ill take a few of them on my team any day. if we can get him in the 5-7th rd ill take that even more. nelson is probably going to be the pick. landry will be gone before 16. lynch might be there but there are alot of solid backs after peterson and i think he is the only one that is head and shoulders above the rest of the rb group. what you think?

GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:13 pm

actually, I looked and Zbikowski is going to return to ND for another year. Apparently he had another year of eligibility. I didn't know that. Maybe that's why I hadn't heard much about him lately. I'm with you on drafting football players rather than athletes.
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GreenBay4Life » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:53 am

damn i liked that guy. what info do you have on walker the ND rd. he looks like a sleeper similar to a kevin faulk type of player he would be a solid backup for green.

GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Green Bay Packers