Can we do a mock draft for next year now - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Can we do a mock draft for next year now

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:13 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:I thought it was a bold move, maybe he knows something we don't. ;-7

We can play out the draft, it is compromised, but if anything like that happens again the draft is really going to be a mess.

Yeah, what happened is he didn't show up and the computer just assigned a pick to him. I guess it was random. :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:35 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:I thought it was a bold move, maybe he knows something we don't. ;-7

We can play out the draft, it is compromised, but if anything like that happens again the draft is really going to be a mess.

Yeah, what happened is he didn't show up and the computer just assigned a pick to him. I guess it was random. :-?

Yea I saw it said computer selected next to it, I was hoping the computer would at least have a list of players that warranted a selection that high, but I guess not. Hopefully that is the first and last time that happens.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GP1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:18 pm

this whole draft thus far should be canceled after that pic and started over. we should just pick a time we could all agree to. like wednesday at 8 pm or something and have a live mock draft.
GP1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Lung » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:02 pm

GP1 wrote:this whole draft thus far should be canceled after that pic and started over. we should just pick a time we could all agree to. like wednesday at 8 pm or something and have a live mock draft.

The problem we're going to have is that even if we start over again, as soon as someone misses a pick, the computer is going to autodraft for them and use these awful rankings. I figured the rankings would be poor, and likely use last year's rankings (e.g. leading us to see Lamont Jordan or Cadillac Williams possibly picked in the first round) but it appears the rankings might be totally random. How else to explain F. McCrary RB ATL being at the top of the rankings? So even if we start the draft over and we make it to the 3rd or 4th round, as soon as when someone misses a pick, the draft will be completely compromised again.

If we want, we could do a slow mock draft here at the Cafe. But the Antsports idea will likely have to abandoned until the rankings are updated. I'll send an e-mail to the guy who runs the Antsports website with an offer to update the rankings, and see what he says.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Jack » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:44 am

I got S-Jax!

Er...but...yeah, I think we should just start a topic thread for the draft here in the Cafe and go from there. We could use the same draft order--or one of our five-football participants could throw our user-names in a hat and pick them out to make a new draft order.
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Lung » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:53 am

Jack wrote:I got S-Jax!

Er...but...yeah, I think we should just start a topic thread for the draft here in the Cafe and go from there. We could use the same draft order--or one of our five-football participants could throw our user-names in a hat and pick them out to make a new draft order.

I've sent a PM to Swiper to request a mock draft forum set up on the Cafe. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:00 pm

The Lung wrote:
Jack wrote:I got S-Jax!

I've sent a PM to Swiper to request a mock draft forum set up on the Cafe. ;-D

I think that makes the most sense at this point. The AntSports draft would have run very well had everyone made their picks, but their serious flaw in their rankings is going to really skew the picks.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:57 pm

Hey guys, thanks to Swiper and Madison, we now have a mock draft forum set up on the Cafe. Get yer butts over there and sign up!
2007 Extremely Early Mock
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby sLim » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:40 pm

sweet...i actually prefer a slow draft on the board...
sLim
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Karoz » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:44 am

The Lung wrote:Hey guys, thanks to Swiper and Madison, we now have a mock draft forum set up on the Cafe. Get yer butts over there and sign up!
2007 Extremely Early Mock

I have just gotten back from my Christmas trip, and it appears as if I have missed the sign-ups. I suppose I'll just wait for another mock-draft to roll around.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds