Lost semifinals by .08...1 damn yard! Share your loss story - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Lost semifinals by .08...1 damn yard! Share your loss story

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lost semifinals by .08...1 damn yard! Share your loss story

Postby darinlp54 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:01 pm

Going into MNF I was down 3.88. The guy I faced had noone left and I had Chad Johnson. Easily a win you would think with chad being ranked a top 3 wr for this week on most sites. I was already strategizing for the championship game. What does he get though?...37 rec yds, 1 rush yd, and about 3 freakin drops, which is 3.8 pts. I'm literally sick to my stomach right now. If anyone had a worse loss this week...I'd like to hear about it.
darinlp54
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jacob1207 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:23 am

I actually won, but here's what happened to my opponent in the semifinal.

He went 10-3 in the regular season, getting the #1 seed and a first round bye. He averaged 115 points per game and beat me by 36 points in week 13. (I averaged 97 points and went 8-5) Going into the Mon Night game, I led him by 7.5 points. I had Proehl and he had Addai. We do 1 point per 10 yards, no fractions. Addai had 50 yards rushing and 29 receiving when he went out with his injury. Yep, exactly 7 points. Since he never came back, the fact that Proehl crapped it up didn't matter--I upset him by 1/2 of a point!

It really sucks to be him. He was the #2 seed last year and also lost his first game after a bye. The year before that, he was the #4 seed and lost in the quarterfinals. So he's 0-3 in the playoffs over the past three years. He's a good guy, so I hope he does well next year (except when playing me)
— Jacob
'07 Record: 7-6
'06 League Runner-up
'05 League Runner-up
'04 League Runner-up
'03 League Champion
Jacob1207
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:00 pm

Jacob1207 wrote:I actually won, but here's what happened to my opponent in the semifinal.

He went 10-3 in the regular season, getting the #1 seed and a first round bye. He averaged 115 points per game and beat me by 36 points in week 13. (I averaged 97 points and went 8-5) Going into the Mon Night game, I led him by 7.5 points. I had Proehl and he had Addai. We do 1 point per 10 yards, no fractions. Addai had 50 yards rushing and 29 receiving when he went out with his injury. Yep, exactly 7 points. Since he never came back, the fact that Proehl crapped it up didn't matter--I upset him by 1/2 of a point!

It really sucks to be him. He was the #2 seed last year and also lost his first game after a bye. The year before that, he was the #4 seed and lost in the quarterfinals. So he's 0-3 in the playoffs over the past three years. He's a good guy, so I hope he does well next year (except when playing me)

how exactly did u win by a half a point when u dont use fractions?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:06 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Jacob1207 wrote:I actually won, but here's what happened to my opponent in the semifinal.

They must use fractional points in another area. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Karoz » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:19 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:

Perhaps he meant to say that they don't use any fractional numbers that are higher or lower than 1/2. For example, the amount of points that a particular player could potentially score would be along the lines of the following:

etc.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RaiderFan31 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:51 pm

I lost by 3 stinking yards. Going into Monday night I needed 20 yards by Glenn to make it to the Bowl, he got me 17 yards.
Glenn had 96 yards last week and 150 the week before!
Also had LT - no td, Started Eli the bumb and benched Mcnair - hand. I ended up tied in my match and lost the tie breaker. My oppenent was #1 seed I was #3. I outscored him by 111pts during the season. He was 11-3, I was 8-6. :~(
T-Bone
Oakland Raider Fan!
Just Win Baby!

QB - Romo, Warner
RB - D. Williams M. Jones Drew, J. Lewis
WR - Cotchery, Burress, R. White
TE - B. Scaife, B. Watson
K - Prater, Dawson
Df - Pitt, Phil
RaiderFan31
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Lost semifinals by .08...1 damn yard! Share your loss story

Postby fantasizing » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:42 pm

darinlp54 wrote:Going into MNF I was down 3.88. The guy I faced had noone left and I had Chad Johnson. Easily a win you would think with chad being ranked a top 3 wr for this week on most sites. I was already strategizing for the championship game. What does he get though?...37 rec yds, 1 rush yd, and about 3 freakin drops, which is 3.8 pts. I'm literally sick to my stomach right now. If anyone had a worse loss this week...I'd like to hear about it.

whats worse is that CJ was wide open for a 70 yard TD but Palmer overthrew him......was oh so close.......
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kjakubowsk » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:35 am

I lost one of my championship games by a score of 103-37! I was the 2nd highest scoring team in the 12 team league and they managed 37 in the super bowl! :(
kjakubowsk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby footballfan30107 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:33 pm

I beat a guy who had LT 132 - 70 to make it to this weeks championship game, and I did it by benching FWP and grabbing Dayne off the WW..I also have MJD and Harrison did me good..the guy I'm playing this week went 13-1 during the regular season and has 5 players with 4:15 games..HOPEFULLY the early games will determine his starters status for the late games..

This week I plugged FWP back in and am benching Addai for Dayne...and with V. Young as my QB, I think I'm in pretty good shape..I went 8-6 and was the #7 seed..

kjakubowsk wrote:I lost one of my championship games by a score of 103-37! I was the 2nd highest scoring team in the 12 team league and they managed 37 in the super bowl! :(
footballfan30107
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RedskinsFan86 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:42 pm

I won the semifinal and the final by a combined 1.9 points. In the semifinal I was up 42 and survived a barrage of Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne to win by .8 points. In the final, I was up only 34 and had no one playing while he had Westbrook, Garcia and Barber in the X-Mas game. I won that by 1.1 points when Andy Reid decided not to pass on a 3rd and 6 and just run out the clock.
RedskinsFan86
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting