Need Advice? Split the Pot Proposal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Need Advice? Split the Pot Proposal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby V-unit » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:06 am

Hell no!!! Just tell him good luck and may the best team win.He is trying to lure u in because he really has no chance to beat you with LT and Gore.You might want to look for a qb though Rothelberger is playing the ravens and he might have a hard time.DOnt do it and dont metion this to anyone in your league just talk all the trash that you can and make sure everyone in your league sees it.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crippler » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:29 am

Hell no! That would be like passing up 2 to 1 odds on a coin flip! Reject that lame cop-out offer!

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:20 am

Another vote for no way. Play the game and may the best team win. That's what you've been playing for for the last 15 weeks.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Yellowbird » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:13 am

Don't take the deal: AGREED

Don't trash talk before the game: AGREED

Go big or go home!!! AGREED

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Timbathia » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:40 pm

Doesnt anyone talk trash BEFORE their games?

I am a firm believer in letting my mates know how bad they are gonna lose before it happens. Sure you look stupid sometimes, such as the wager I made last year in the playoffs that led to my team name this season being "Brokeback in the Outback" and my team logo being Heath Ledger and myself photoshopped into a comprimising position, but that is the whole point of FFL.

I say trash talk him now - only doing it afterwards would be cowardly.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:54 pm

LT and Gore is a lethal combo!

Unless you feel guilty for snagging both of those guys i wouldnt take this deal! ;-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby slowride » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:08 pm

As someone else said in another thread, if you can't win your league with LT you should quit fantasy football.

No Deal.
Slowride is burning.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:35 pm

Believe it or not i would actually take the deal if the teams were evened out.

More from a $$ standpoint rathar then competition, it's just like deal/no deal.....why roll the dice for more $$ and get nothing in the end?

but the leagues i usualy compete in the winner gets like $250 and 2nd place only gets like $50.

Since those teams are so uneven and 2nd place does get a good chunk of change, let it ride.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Timbathia » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:17 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Believe it or not i would actually take the deal if the teams were evened out.

More from a $$ standpoint rathar then competition, it's just like deal/no deal.....why roll the dice for more $$ and get nothing in the end?

but the leagues i usualy compete in the winner gets like $250 and 2nd place only gets like $50.

Since those teams are so uneven and 2nd place does get a good chunk of change, let it ride.

I dont understand this. I dont know anyone that plays FFL for the money, and if they did they are either in over 100 money leagues or they have no idea whatsoever about the value of their time invested. Dividing the potential winnings from my money leagues by the time spent on FFL, it would work out to pretty close to zero. If I spent those hours working, keeping track of the stock market or playing poker online I would make tons more cash.

In which case, why on earth would you consider splitting the pot? Why are you putting cash into the league in the first place if a couple of dollars, or indeed a couple of hundred dollars means that much to you?
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:44 pm

Other than Poker, alot of those things you listed are things that people don't regualry enjoy. You are playing fantasy football, something you pretty much enjoy whether you win OR lose, and yet your getting paid if you do well, whats not to enjoy? Seriously, money is just a bonus, but when it comes down to a point you gotta look at it from the best perspective, and way your options.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk