If you think it's broke..fix it! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If you think it's broke..fix it!

Moderator: Football Moderators

If you think it's broke..fix it!

Postby awwchrist » Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:08 pm

Sorry for the topic spam...but I haven't had a forum to post these on and it's all bottled up inside. Here's my rant.

Here's a comprised list of WR's that have graced my team roster and started all at one point or another:
Plaxico Burress
Laverneous Coles
Jimmy Smith
Darrell Jackson (those were the 4 i originally drafted with my 3rd-6th rd picks)
Donald Driver
Troy Brown

Just recently I broke down and cried. Hard. My team is 2nd in the league in scoring, yet a 3-4 record, one game out of a playoff spot and the most points scored AGAINST in the league.

So a synopsis, my WR's are failing and im a bit on the unlucky side.

I could argue that my record is only an indication that im playing owners whos team blows up week after week. Which is true. However, my WRs are failing miserably. Jimmy has taken up one starting spot the whole year. The 2nd WR spot I caught Driver on the tail end of his "6 weeks straight scoring a TD" so I didn't get all his points.

Today I made a change. I traded Ricky Williams and Driver for basically Terrell Owens (and Deshaun Foster) and dumped Darrell Jackson (I'm a Seahawk homer and probably should have done that 2 weeks ago) and picked up Cris Carter. I hate that move...but right now Cris has more upside then Darrell Jackson. Heck..my morning eggs have more upside then DJ.

I could have gotten Moss for George and Driver. But again..I don't need another WR to be disappointed about. I need someone that scores. And even though George is no RW..he's definitely servicable as a RB2.

Sorry for the novel. I just feel like maybe someone would read this public service announcement and will feel compelled to kickstart the stagnant part of their lineup.

That's all.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:03 pm

Man did you ever hurt yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would you trade Ricky Williams and Driver for Owens. You got ripped Jack!

Another mistake you made was dropping Darrell Jackson, you shoulda dropped Laverneous Coles to pick up Carter.
Seattle's offense is struggling right now, but Jackson is one of the best WR's in the league and his numbers will start going up.

Owens is not having one of the best seasons ever but is a good WR, but he is not worth the value of Ricky Williams.

Friendliness: %

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:07 pm

the above post was mine
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:19 pm

I disagree about D Jax,Dilfer has truly not been playing great along with the rest of the Hawks O.Coles is on the up.I wouldn't have traded Ricky for sure.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:22 am

Well fact is I did my homework.

Problem is I only did it half way through.

Thank goodness the trade hadn't finished it's process time and we're allowed to revoke.

I calculated the avg points scored at the 3 skill pos. for my team and the four ahead of me.

At QB position I was gaining 4 ppg, RB gaining 1ppg, and WR losing 5 ppg.

Well obviously I know where my weak area was, problem is I wasn't being objective with my own roster. Only after Siouxcitysavages so vehomently disagreed with my trade I quickly went back and crunched out that:
Owens (although more upside because of the slow start) is averaging the same amount of points EXACTLY as Driver.

Problem is that Jimmy Smith is averaging about 5ppg. He's the one I need to replace in the starting lineup. As well, whats worse is that the disparity of avg between Eddie George and Ricky is worse than I thought:

RW: 13.5 ppg
EG: 10.3 ppg

losing 3 points to make up 0 is obviously not in my interest.

Long story short yet again...thanks for the hindsight..I should follow through with my own work more often.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk