Dynasty League Sleepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dynasty League Sleepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty League Sleepers

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:02 am

I figure it's never to early to start getting ready for next year if you are in a dynasty league. Some guys to keep your eye on or grab if you have alot of roster space include:

Demetrius Williams, Baltimore WR
Has deep threat ability but also a solid posession receiver and should take over for Derrick Mason soon. If he adds some more weight to his skinny frame, he could be a nice sleeper. Has made some incredible catches in traffic and can get separation on deep routes.

Brandon Marshall, Denver WR
He is expected to emerge as the #2 WR behind Javon Walker next year in place of the aging Rod Smith. I heard he played quite a bit of safety in college as well as some games at WR. Still has alot to learn but has good size and is decent at breaking a few tackles for extra yardage.

Derek Anderson, Cleveland QB
Big QB who has the physical tools to be a good QB in this league. I feel he's shown alot more then Frye has in the limited time he's played. He did commendable against some of the leagues better defenses (KC, Balt, Pitt) He seems to be very good at spreading the ball around and once he gets into a rhythm, looks very very poised.

These are sleepers that are most likely still on many WW's. If you have any others, feel free to list them.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby V-unit » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:09 am

i like Vincent Jackson from SD as a big sleeper for next year.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:47 pm

V-unit wrote:i like Vincent Jackson from SD as a big sleeper for next year.

I do, too. I look forward to seeing what he does in the playoffs.

Here's a recent Fanball article on him: http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm?id=8795

By Anthony Maggio, Associate Editor
Jacked Up
Blessed with height, speed and good hands, Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson was taken by San Diego in the second round of the 2005 draft in the hopes he could develop into a No. 1 receiving option before Keenan McCardell became eligible for social security. Jackson dressed for just eight games and caught passes in just two as a rookie, but this season he has developed a rapport with quarterback Phillip Rivers and the two have a connection that has gained steam as the season has gone on. Looking ahead to 2007, Jackson is all over the fantasy radar as a breakout receiving candidate.

2006 Stats
Rec Yards Yds/G TD
24 425 28.3 5

The Stat: Jackson has caught at least three passes in five of his last six games.

The Quote: "He can run with anybody in the league," Rivers told the San Diego Union-Tribune after Sunday's victory over the Seahawks. "He showed why he's a big-time player, and he's really developed into a game-changer."

Fantasy Analysis: The overall stats for Jackson this season can be deceiving. At just 28.3 yards per game, he doesn't sound like someone who is a game-changer. But consider his last three games. In each contest, Jackson has at least one catch of at least 37 yards. He's also averaged 86 yards per game in those contests and had two touchdown receptions his last time out. Simply stated, Jackson is getting better with more experience. Plus, considering the season LaDainian Tomlinson has had, the Chargers haven't had to lean on Rivers, Jackson, or even Antonio Gates all that much. But L.T. can't set touchdown records every year. And that's where Jackson comes in.

For many receivers, their third season is when they really start to come into their own. Jackson appears headed down the same path – and at a time when his quarterback is developing along with him. McCardell will be 96 years old next season, so Vincent will be the top wide receiver target. Sure, Gates and Tomlinson will still earn most of the attention on offense, but Jackson will still get enough looks to establish himself as a bona fide fantasy wide receiver.

STOCK: Rising
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:05 pm

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=319383

Heres a similar thread, were I listed alot of guys who could be considered dynasty sleepers, or buy-lows.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby The Lung » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm

Vincent Jackson with another TD today, his 6th of the year. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Return to Football Talk