Just Finished Draft. My first Keeper League Please! INPUT! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Just Finished Draft. My first Keeper League Please! INPUT!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just Finished Draft. My first Keeper League Please! INPUT!

Postby PowderedToastMan » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:51 am

Hi Guys I finished my draft for my first ever keeper league. It is a 12 team performance league and I would just like some input on what you peeps think of my team. Thanks.

QB-K.Warner/V.Testeverde
RB-C.Martin/T.Jones/E.Smith/T.Hambrick/K.Faulk
WR-D.Boston/T.Glenn/D.Alexander/B.Finneran/D.Patten
TE-F.Jones
K-J.Wilkens/M.Hollis
Def- Cowboys/Titans

Please give your input guys on what you think of my team and what i can do to better it! Thanks So Much DaToaster!
PowderedToastMan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Come On Guys! Please Some INPUT!.....

Postby PowderedToastMan » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:28 am

BUMP!
PowderedToastMan

Postby PowderedToastMan » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:40 am

Please Guys! I would love to hear some opinions from ya!
PowderedToastMan

Postby Arlo » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:41 am

Patience, patience... :-)

Basically, I like this team very much. It's probably good enough to compete as is, but a tweak or two would make it look better yet:

I think you'd be a lot better off if you could find a way to add LaMont Jordan instead of (that other) Faulk. Not only will Jordan likely pick up a decent number of goal-line carries, but he'll provide important insurance for Martin - doubly important because Martin's performance is crucial to this team. The Smith/Hambrick combo looks good in this respect, especially when looking forward to choosing next year's keepers.

You may also want to consider dropping your second kicker and/or defense and picking up an extra sleeper or two at RB or WR, or even adding St. Louis' backup QB as further insurance.

How many players can be kept from season to season?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PowderedToastMan » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:46 am

Thanks Arlo! Well we can Keep 2 from year to year and i will try to show more patience. Sorry.heheh Give me more input! Thanks Alot.
PowderedToastMan

Postby Arlo » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:56 am

With just two keepers, I think you're in better shape (long-term) than if you were able to keep a significantly larger number of players. Still, barring a truly disastrous start, I wouldn't worry too much about next year with this roster, and wouldn't hesitate to trade potential keepers (Hambrick, for instance) for players who can help you win now.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PowderedToastMan » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:42 am

Hey Guys. Please leave some posts of some input into my team and where i can better my slef. Be as honest as ya want and pick me appart if you feel im week. Thanks Bill
PowderedToastMan

Re: Come On Guys! Please Some INPUT!.....

Postby SolarfluX » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:43 am

Anonymous wrote:BUMP!

Anonymous wrote:Please Guys! I would love to hear some opinions from ya!

And I thought I was impatient!

While you're waiting for more responses, why don't you register and then do some research on your own?

Arlo, this guy is a prime candidate for the IRC channel...

As far as your team goes, I agree with Arlo's synopsis, and here's some more info for you to consider:

I'd dump Alexander and get Bates instead. I actually think Willie Jackson will get to be #1 in ATL over Finneran. As always, Glenn is a ?, just remains to be seen as to how much of one.

Freddie Jones is a great TE, just not with the Cardinals... Wilkens will be a top-3 kicker, get rid of Hollis.

I don't have confidence in the Dallas D, Titans D is so-so as well.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Riggo » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:07 pm

Very thin at running back and receiver. Don't listen to BUMP man as far a Derrick Alexander is concerned. Alexander has looked good the last two preseason games and he will be the #2 receiver. They go 3 wide anyway so it doesn't matter. Willie Jackson will take finnerans spot soon. Glenn is a cancer on any team and the Packers really did themselves in getting that Bum. I would keep Boston and Alexander and hope that Glenn grows up (alot to ask of him) Dump Finneran and maybe take a chance with Javon Walker of Green Bay. Favre has to throw to someone and chances are it won't be Glenn. As far as RB, I would lose all those Cowboys Rb's. I would much rather take some changes on backup RB's on stud teams. Trung Candidate, Lamont Jordan etc. Everything else looks OK.

Good Luck
Riggo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SolarfluX » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:41 pm

Alexander, just like Glenn, is not entirely reliable. Bates and Alexander look like they'll split time at #2, which means they should get about the same amount of looks and numbers. That being said, Alexander would be better trade bait to get someone more reliable.

Here's what The Sporting News has to say re: Bates vs. Alexander:

Fantasy Spin: Bates has emerged as a serious sleeper. There are plenty of catches to be had opposite Randy Moss, and Derrick Alexander's history indicates he cannot be relied upon. Bates is a very solid player who has been waiting for an opportunity. This might be it. (Matt Pitzer/TSN)
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk