Today is the greatest day of my life... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Today is the greatest day of my life...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:07 am

emaja wrote:It would cost me way to many pairs of shoes and colorless gemstones. So many that I would not be able to afford the Sunday Ticket next year.

No man, you're going about it all wrong. I convinced my fiance to play in our league this year and she is into it almost as much as I am. Worst case scenario is if she loses I'm going to pay her league fees which should be around $70 or $80. Now whenever there is a football game I want to watch, there's no problem. :-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby zombiez » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:16 am

Now you'll have to keep her busy on sundays, unless she likes football of course, when I met the girl Im dateing now(5 years ago) I told her flat out.....when football season starts, DO NOT make plans for me on Sunday....it is only 17 weeks short, and I will be watching football....she has adapted quite well....lol.....like she had a choice....
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby philcore » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:20 am

the guy with the colts bag on his head hit the nail on the head!

NO COMMERCIALS

6 weeks down and still not seen 1 commercial but those promos played during the game are so annoying.

this is my 1st year too.
philcore
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Dude » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:21 am

josebach wrote:
emaja wrote:It would cost me way to many pairs of shoes and colorless gemstones. So many that I would not be able to afford the Sunday Ticket next year.

No man, you're going about it all wrong. I convinced my fiance to play in our league this year and she is into it almost as much as I am. Worst case scenario is if she loses I'm going to pay her league fees which should be around $70 or $80. Now whenever there is a football game I want to watch, there's no problem. :-)

This was actually a large part of it... she's playing this year and she's in first place. I made her draft lists, and talked her down from a couple of bad picks and now her team is better than mine... but hey, I've got NFL sunday ticket...

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby emaja » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:24 am

josebach wrote:

Too bad my wife has absolutely no interest in any sports at all. It may have been worse for her this year with the Cubs in the playoffs and all - but she won't have to worry about that anymore.

I have to work on getting Direct TV first.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby The_Dude » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:30 am

emaja wrote:I have to work on getting Direct TV first.

See, here's the brilliance of it... you get the first four months of DirecTV free if you order NFL sunday ticket... so you end up getting the best programming package they have for about $60 a month for the first four months... so by buying NFL sunday ticket, you actually save!!! Hehe, maybe they should offer me a job before I plug it anymore... you gotta admit, they are pretty sneaky

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby DUKE » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:32 am

Zombiez wrote:Now you'll have to keep her busy on sundays, unless she likes football of course, when I met the girl Im dateing now(5 years ago) I told her flat out.....when football season starts, DO NOT make plans for me on Sunday....it is only 17 weeks short, and I will be watching football....she has adapted quite well....lol.....like she had a choice....

lol. very similar to my situation. I made sure that it was nice and crystal clear that football is priority #1 on Sundays.....and Monday night.......and on the occasional Thursday game ;-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby emaja » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:35 am

My wife has lots of issues with electronics of any kind and if sports are involved - my luck is even worse. She's almost a neo-luddite when it comes to technology. Hates computers, PDA's, cars - you get the idea.

Instead of getting that new set of Calloway Big Bertha irons for $700, I think I will try to convince her that Sunday Ticket would be a better investment "for the family."

Oh, before any of you single guys decide to tell me to grow a pair and just get it - you have a lot to learn.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:39 am

Now all you need to do is talk her into letting you set up 8 TV's in the living room and you are all set....

;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:59 am

Next season you'll start evolving into The Prime Objective.

The Prime Objective is facilitating multiple TV's with seperate satellite feeds. This is paramount to all things. You must comply.

*Bzzz Whirrrrr..*
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk