Westbrook gets to 1000 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Westbrook gets to 1000

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:40 pm

I think this was the last year to get Westbrook at a cheap price. No doubt he's not for the faint of heart team owners, as even when he's "healthy" his status is usually Questionable. But Westbrook is a guy who gets about 6 yards per touch, and 20 touches per game. Especially since he's proven he can be the focal point of that offense, the TDs are coming his way, and so long as Reid/McNabb and co are running the offense in Philly expect Westbrook to be a dominant force.

Oh, and he'll shred the Cowboys to give all us Eagles fans the Xmas gift we've been wanting all year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Guru » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:04 am

Westy is a stud and can win you a week by himself. He's been beastly all year.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swyck » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:20 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
benb18a wrote:Well he is going to get shut down this Christmas. :-b

DITTO ;-D ;-D ;-D

He dowsn't cross 60 yards on Monday. }:-)

They still doubt. :-B
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby programatik » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:05 am

when you draft him, now that the games he does play he is a monster. I checked my scoring and just the same as above, he was a top performer for those 12-14 games a year he did play. So this year I drafted him in the 2nd and was VERY pleased with his production. I finished the year in 2nd and 3rd in the playoffs with him as my #1.

I just wish now I didn't talk him up so much to my league owners.
programatik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chidoy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:00 am

Congrats to you Westy..... Thanks to you and SJAX for winning me my CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:00 am

Westy is always going to be the guy that falls a little. He isn't an elite runner, he sometimes has goaline touches vultured, the Eagles like to pass. But somehow Westy comes out on top. Still, this is kind of looking like a career year from him. At least with the TDs. The yardage is reproduceable, the TDs I doubt. I rode him to some nice wins this year. Probably my best "guy" who I drafted when i could since I had huge expectations this year. Too bad Mason wasn't a "guy" this year. Who knew that Defense would rebound so well? I just assumed the McNair to Mason rejuvination would be all fireworks and TDs.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby swyck » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:54 am

Still, this is kind of looking like a career year from him. At least with the TDs. The yardage is reproduceable, the TDs I doubt.

He's been pretty steady with TDs per game the last 4 years. The yardage depends on Reid sticking with at least some running game, or going back to 65% passing.
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby maddog60 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:22 pm

swyck wrote:
Still, this is kind of looking like a career year from him. At least with the TDs. The yardage is reproduceable, the TDs I doubt.

He's been pretty steady with TDs per game the last 4 years. The yardage depends on Reid sticking with at least some running game, or going back to 65% passing.

Westy had 11 TDs in 2003 when splitting carries 3 ways with Duce and Buckhalter. He did that on about half the touches he currently has, so its not a career year in TDs for him. Do I expect him to repeat the TDs, not really. RBs aren't usually consistent with double-digit TD years, but he's a lock to average 120 yards per game or more.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Jury » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:34 am

Hey, good year for Westbrook!

He continues to solidify his role as the top "receiving back." He had been McNabb's redemption weapon since TO left town and until Nabb got hurt.

On a side note, LTD is really screwing up fantasy football this year.. creating such a big gap between one player and the rest of the league.
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:48 am

skibrett15 wrote: He isn't an elite runner, he sometimes has goaline touches vultured, the Eagles like to pass. But somehow Westy comes out on top.

He is just one step below being elite... mainly because he is always questionable. He's a big injury risk. But even so, I have him as a 1st rounder for next year. It doesn't matter if the Eagles like to pass, because he is a big part of the Eagles pasing game. He has the 3rd most yards passing this year for RBs, behind only S. Jackson and Bush... if he could just bring up that TD total, he'd no doubt be among the elite 4. That would be something if we had 5 elite backs next year... but theres no reason to believe thats going to happen.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk