Parker at Home - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Parker at Home

Moderator: Football Moderators

Parker at Home

Postby dorje3 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:40 pm

Are fantasy experts overlooking Parker's home/away splits this week, or is Bal really just that good. I've been browsing the sit/start forum and amazed at the RBs folks are recommending over FWP.
Thought?
dorje3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 264
Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:47 pm

i dont know why people are overlooking him. the least number of yards willie has had at home is 61, and he's had 355 yards in the last 2 weeks. he's basically unbenchable. i may be a little biased though... ;-)
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:17 am

Baltimore is playing tough D right now and I'm sure that is what is affecting FWP's forecast. I know I couldn't sit him at home, heck I don't think I could sit him on the road either. There just aren't that many better backs.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby Kilroy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:33 am

I'm sitting FWP this week. The Ratbirds have allowed both the fewest yards and fantasy points (standard scoring) in the NFL to opposing Running Backs this year, and after the way they shut down Pittsburgh's Offense in their last meeting I'm gonna roll the dice that Travis Henry has a chip on his shoulder against the Bills.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:38 am

might have something to do with the fact that the ravens held him to 37 total yards and no TDs just a few weeks ago. i realize he plays a lot better at home....but the ravens are fairly solid at shutting down good running backs. i probably still wouldnt bench him unless i had some serious studs on my bench...but i cant say i could start him this week without worry.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby Munboy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:40 am

deluxe_247 wrote:might have something to do with the fact that the ravens held him to 37 total yards just a few weeks ago. i realize he plays a lot better at home....but the ravens are fairly solid at shutting down good running backs. i probably still wouldnt bench him unless i had some serious studs on my bench...but i cant say i could start him this week without worry.


actually, FWP has been horrible at home this year. All his damage has been on the road.

I think FWP is a good play this week over a lot of other options because the Steelers Oline was totally embarrassed in that game and have been playing with a renewed passion since. It won't be a stellar game for FWP but I'll go with 70 yards and a TD along with oh...20 yards receiving.
Image
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1934
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:05 am

Munboy wrote:actually, FWP has been horrible at home this year. All his damage has been on the road.


i have to disagree. he has been a beast for the most part at home. heres the stats, home games are in bold. his only "bad" game at home was still over 80 yards against the bucs...but some of those games are huge.

stats:

week 1 miami: 128 yds 0 TDs
week 2 @ jax: 26 yds 0 TDs
week 3 cincy : 146 2 TDs
week 4 BYE
week 5 @ SD :81 yds 1TD
week 6 chiefs: 109 yds 2 TDs
week 7 @ atlanta: 47 yds 0 TDs
week 8 @ oakland: 111 yds 1 TD
week 9 denver: 137 yds 2 TDs
week 10 saints :225 yds 2 TDs
week 11 @ cleveland: 63 yds 2 TDs
week 12 @ ravens: 37 yds 0 TDs
week 13 tampa: 86 yds 0 TDs
week 14 cleveland: 223 yds 1 TDs
week 15 @ carolina 132 yds 1 TDs
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby Munboy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:24 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Munboy wrote:actually, FWP has been horrible at home this year. All his damage has been on the road.


i have to disagree. he has been a beast for the most part at home. heres the stats, home games are in bold. his only "bad" game at home was still over 80 yards against the bucs...but some of those games are huge.

stats:

week 1 miami: 128 yds 0 TDs
week 2 @ jax: 26 yds 0 TDs
week 3 cincy : 146 2 TDs
week 4 BYE
week 5 @ SD :81 yds 1TD
week 6 chiefs: 109 yds 2 TDs
week 7 @ atlanta: 47 yds 0 TDs
week 8 @ oakland: 111 yds 1 TD
week 9 denver: 137 yds 2 TDs
week 10 saints :225 yds 2 TDs
week 11 @ cleveland: 63 yds 2 TDs
week 12 @ ravens: 37 yds 0 TDs
week 13 tampa: 86 yds 0 TDs
week 14 cleveland: 223 yds 1 TDs
week 15 @ carolina 132 yds 1 TDs



Yeah you're right. I got it all backwards :-°

I still stick with my number predictions
Image
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1934
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:30 am

Munboy wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
Munboy wrote:actually, FWP has been horrible at home this year. All his damage has been on the road.


i have to disagree. he has been a beast for the most part at home. heres the stats, home games are in bold. his only "bad" game at home was still over 80 yards against the bucs...but some of those games are huge.

stats:

week 1 miami: 128 yds 0 TDs
week 2 @ jax: 26 yds 0 TDs
week 3 cincy : 146 2 TDs
week 4 BYE
week 5 @ SD :81 yds 1TD
week 6 chiefs: 109 yds 2 TDs
week 7 @ atlanta: 47 yds 0 TDs
week 8 @ oakland: 111 yds 1 TD
week 9 denver: 137 yds 2 TDs
week 10 saints :225 yds 2 TDs
week 11 @ cleveland: 63 yds 2 TDs
week 12 @ ravens: 37 yds 0 TDs
week 13 tampa: 86 yds 0 TDs
week 14 cleveland: 223 yds 1 TDs
week 15 @ carolina 132 yds 1 TDs



Yeah you're right. I got it all backwards :-°

I still stick with my number predictions


I think you're probably pretty close yardage-wise (I'm thinkin' 70-ish total) but I don't see him hittin' paydirt unless it's a TD catch.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby mbuser » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:26 pm

13 carries for 29 yards -- another big day for FWP~Mr. Hyde .. his game log is just amazing
add your performance history to the Yahoo! fantasy profile registry
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 111
Joined: 21 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 16:01 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact