Top Five QBs to have the rest of the way... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top Five QBs to have the rest of the way...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top Five QBs to have the rest of the way...

Postby Warpigs » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:34 am

The quarterback position seems to always be changing. Players like Kurt Warner, Donovan McNabb and Rich Gannon are studs for a season or two and then fall from the face of the NFL earth. From this point on, which five QBs would you like to have heading up your team? I've heard lots of different feedback on this type of question through other posts. My list:

1. McNair (he is the heart of the team and will play every week no matter what injury he may get. You can count on him to produce).

2. Manning (he has the tools around him, and will only get better when Edge is officially back and taking off pressure.)

3. Culpepper (his back injury worries me -- he did something with his spinal bones and it sounds like something that may crop up -- however he and McNair are the only two reliable run-n-gun QB in the NFL now and Moss is finally mature enough to be a stud)

4. Hasselbeck (he has the weapons on all fronts and continues to improve each game).

5. Brad Johnson (sleeper of the list, he continues to make a mediocre receiving corps look good with his smart play. Gruden made Gannon into a Pro Bowl QB, and it looks like Johnson is going down the same route with Gruden's tutelage).

Honorable Mention: Marc Bulger (a breath of fresh air for the Rams, he and Torry Holt have built some awesome chemistry this season. Questions at RB, especially with Marshall possibly back soon, may hinder Bulger -- or help. We'll see.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:17 am

Also, because of his schedule...I gotta throw Trent green's name in here his upcoming schedule looks nice for the most part

@ OAK
BUF
CLEV
@ CIN
@ SD
OAK
@ DEN
DET
@ MIN
CHI

with the exception of Denver, Minnesota and possibly Buffalo, there is potential for huge games there....if it happens in Lambeau, then Green is liable to go for 300 about 7 times the rest of the season....Morton is coming on, Gonzalez has woke up, and Priest will get his....Id say Trent is right there with Brad Johnson
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:32 am

I agree with you about Bulger. One thing you guys might want to consider... Bulger has home games in both Week 15 and Week 16. The way he's been playing at home on their artificial turf, this could be the difference maker in the playoffs.

I'm glad I have him!!! ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby MistisoMan » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:29 pm

Will Bulger continue to start if Warner comes back, though?
MistisoMan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SuperCafone » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:34 pm

Will Bulger continue to start if Warner comes back, though?[/quote]

Of course, Warner has been healthy but he lost it to Bulger, now unless Bulger gets hurt he will see playing time.
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SuperCafone » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:34 pm

;-D
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AcumenJay » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:37 pm

Bulger will start the rest of the season and St. Louis will trade Warner's sorry ass at the end of the season. Warner's wife pisses me off with her stupid ass comments.....
AcumenJay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MistisoMan » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:49 pm

Just wondered. I haven't been following the story with him at all.

I also don't put as much faith is Hass as most people are. He had a few favorable matchups. Set him up with a good D and he'll get his ass handed to him. But now that I look at his schedule he doesn't really play any great ones except for Baltimore and maybe Min if they can continue it.
MistisoMan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cwebb » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:22 pm

I've got Bulger, Green and Johnson, oh no traded Johnson for Shockey hehe
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:18 pm

Culpepper, McNair, Manning, Hasselbeck and...Bledsoe.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk