I hate you NFLN!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I hate you NFLN!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

I hate you NFLN!!!

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:49 pm

I would like to state my hate of the NFL Network. All you guys who dont have satalite I'm sure feel the same. I know most of the games have been pretty lame but its still football and I'd like to see it. Its just a matter of time before all NFL games will be on satalite or cable and the Super Bowl is a pay per view event. :-t
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:53 pm

I'm willing to sign a petition to stop NFL Network games. Anyone want to start one up or search for one?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:15 pm

Jimboozie wrote:I'm willing to sign a petition to stop NFL Network games. Anyone want to start one up or search for one?

I'd sign it in a heartbeat! Maybe we could start one here at the Cafe, I wonder if the powers that be here at the Cafe would be willing organize petition in their name, and ask members to sign. :-?
Metroid

Re: I hate you NFLN!!!

Postby AbraCadaver » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:41 pm

Metroid wrote:I would like to state my hate of the NFL Network.

ditto
Qb Mcnabb
RB Tomlinson
RB Kevin Jones
WR Harrison
WR Chambers
WR A.Bryant
TE Crumpler
DEF Chicago

Bench- Williamson, P.Rivers, T.Jones, M.Turner
AbraCadaver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jacob1207 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:42 pm

The NFL Network is not our friend.
— Jacob
'07 Record: 7-6
'06 League Runner-up
'05 League Runner-up
'04 League Runner-up
'03 League Champion
Jacob1207
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LeftOfNormal » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:57 pm

You guys are directing your hate in the wrong direction. The NFL network is a good idea and was intended so people can watch more games that they would otherwise not be able to see due to location.

The problem is that cable companies wants to make people pay for it, in a sports package for example. The NFL refuses to provide the channel to those companies that want to do this to their customers. The way to get it changed is to call your cable provider and say "Give us the damned NFL network!"

Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Network scroll down to "Controversies."
LeftOfNormal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:32 pm

LeftOfNormal wrote:You guys are directing your hate in the wrong direction. The NFL network is a good idea and was intended so people can watch more games that they would otherwise not be able to see due to location.

The problem is that cable companies wants to make people pay for it, in a sports package for example. The NFL refuses to provide the channel to those companies that want to do this to their customers. The way to get it changed is to call your cable provider and say "Give us the damned NFL network!"

Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Network scroll down to "Controversies."

I understand that, but why does the NFL network even have to exist? Why are they playing games on Thursday regularly? And why on Saturday? Pro football should be played on Sundays and Mondays with an occasional Thursday game and Thanksgiving period. I think I'm more upset that they've changed the days the games are played. But if there is football televised I want to see it so I guess I'll be making a phone call to my cable provider. :-b
Metroid

Postby Agent23 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:58 pm

I love paying $65 a month for my cable and not even being able to watch a NFL game.

:-t
Agent23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Twisted Sister » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:52 pm

These games used to be on ABC.... :-t :-t

NFL Network :-P
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:16 pm

I'm not as sour because I have it, but they still have all the games they used to have, just now the people who have network are able to watch it everywhere. The local market still exists, the Monday night and Sunday night games still exist. I would be sour if I didnt get it, but I don't think you can necessarily yell at NFLN when in reality they're actually supplying more football to mroe people. If it catches on, it could be put on regular cable, like the OLN was, and I think we would all be happy if a 24/7 NFL channel was added for every one, so don't be trying to take down NFLN.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting