I hate you NFLN!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I hate you NFLN!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Crippler » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:23 am

Jimboozie wrote:I'm willing to sign a petition to stop NFL Network games. Anyone want to start one up or search for one?


You can get 100,000 signatures and you realize that it wouldnt make the slightest difference, right?

The NFL network is making $. The NFL itself is making $ from it as well.

I seriously doubt that a few fans who dont want to shell out a little extra $ each month will cause the NFL network to shut down, give up all of that money, and give us all the games for free each week.

Its a nice idea, but also a waste of time. This coming from someone who dislikes the NFL network as much as anyone.
Image

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AdvRider » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:06 am

If someone does want to start a petition, it's free & easy.

http://www.petitiononline.com/

I'd sign it. The NFL Network is a stab in the back to football fans everywhere.
AdvRider
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

User avatar

Posts: 16
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Francisco

Postby GreenBay4Life » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:00 am

i had the dish before switching back to cable due to roof issues but i have to say the nfl network was by far the best channel on tv. i use to leave it on all day and night and never get bored. if the regular cable companies ever got the nfl package forget it the dish network would be done. just go to nfl.com and click on the network icon and send a fax to your cable company to help try to get them to add it to the lineup. its worth it.
Image

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 530
Joined: 11 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Brett Favre's Farm

Postby BGbootha » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:05 am

AdvRider wrote:If someone does want to start a petition, it's free & easy.

http://www.petitiononline.com/

I'd sign it. The NFL Network is a stab in the back to football fans everywhere.


Let me get this straight, a network dedicated to football is a 'stab in the back to football fans everywhere'. This makes perfect sense.

So instead of not seeing a game that wasn't aired a year ago anyway, you are mad that some people the game????

To be clear, I get NFL network, it costs me an extra $4 a month for the sports package, but I was paying for it BEFORE the games came on. I just don't see the logic behind getting mad at NFL network for showing a game. Ohhh and don't you think that NFL network would love for your cable provider to pick them up. Its not NFL networks fault you aren't getting the games, its you providers.

And please, your 'if I can't have it no one should' argument is ridiculous.
Image
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3830
Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby dgan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:22 am

BGbootha wrote:
AdvRider wrote:If someone does want to start a petition, it's free & easy.

http://www.petitiononline.com/

I'd sign it. The NFL Network is a stab in the back to football fans everywhere.


Let me get this straight, a network dedicated to football is a 'stab in the back to football fans everywhere'. This makes perfect sense.

So instead of not seeing a game that wasn't aired a year ago anyway, you are mad that some people the game????

To be clear, I get NFL network, it costs me an extra $4 a month for the sports package, but I was paying for it BEFORE the games came on. I just don't see the logic behind getting mad at NFL network for showing a game. Ohhh and don't you think that NFL network would love for your cable provider to pick them up. Its not NFL networks fault you aren't getting the games, its you providers.

And please, your 'if I can't have it no one should' argument is ridiculous.


;-D

My cable company has heard that exact argument from me many MANY times already.
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

Postby AdvRider » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:42 pm

BGbootha wrote:
AdvRider wrote:If someone does want to start a petition, it's free & easy.

http://www.petitiononline.com/

I'd sign it. The NFL Network is a stab in the back to football fans everywhere.


Let me get this straight, a network dedicated to football is a 'stab in the back to football fans everywhere'. This makes perfect sense.

So instead of not seeing a game that wasn't aired a year ago anyway, you are mad that some people the game????

To be clear, I get NFL network, it costs me an extra $4 a month for the sports package, but I was paying for it BEFORE the games came on. I just don't see the logic behind getting mad at NFL network for showing a game. Ohhh and don't you think that NFL network would love for your cable provider to pick them up. Its not NFL networks fault you aren't getting the games, its you providers.

And please, your 'if I can't have it no one should' argument is ridiculous.


Who are fart are you, the president of the NFL Network? Perhaps I should have stated more precisely that the NFL’s decision to air prime-time late season games on a network available to – what is it, like 35% or 40% of U.S. viewers? – is a stab in the back to football fans everywhere.

Bub, I do get the NFL Network. No big deal. I’m talking on behalf of the thousands (millions?) of fans deprived of the opportunity to watch NFL contests or forced to pony up more cash to the cable or satellite provider for one reason – GREED.

I’m talking on behalf of my 86-year-old Dad. He’s been a football fan his whole life. I visited the folks over the Christmas holidays. Dad wanted to watch one of the games … but %$#@*, it was on NFL Network. He doesn’t get NFL Network. He CAN’T get NFL Network because the cable company doesn’t offer it. And nooooo my 86-year-old Dad is not going to have satellite TV installed.

I’m talking on behalf of a good friend who also happens to be up in years. He’s 76 and had just been released from the hospital. A bunch of us visited him on a Thursday nite in early December to drink a buncha beers and watch the Steelers/Browns. %$#*&^ -- NFL Network!!!!

I mean, whose side are on – the fat and greedy NFL or the poor fan who all of a sudden has the rug pulled out from under him after years and years of loyally following the NFL?

It IS the NFL’s fault that these games are not viewable by a large number of fans. The network broadcasting and ESPN system was working fine. Yes cable providers will come around and more will offer NFL Network next season – at a cost to the consumer.

You can say it’s only $4 or something, but for many people it requires a upgrade to digital cable, which is something like $35 over basic, or satellite dish implementation. What about the poor blue-collar dude with four snot-nosed kids who’s barely making ends meet as it is? How does he afford it?

It’s sheer unadulterated and shameless GREED by the NFL. The NFL should be ashamed of itself … and you should question your sanity for buying into the NFL’s BS. :-t :-t :-t
AdvRider
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

User avatar

Posts: 16
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Francisco

Postby BGbootha » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:50 pm

OK i will talk a little slower and use smaller words.

1. It is not the NFL's fault or NFL networks fault. It is yours, I mean your 'friends' cable providers fault. They are the ones not providing your 'friends' with NFLNetwork.

2. It is not like they took this game away from you. If the NFL network wasn't carrying the game.....guess what....YOU STILL WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO WATCH IT. Because it would still NOT be on.

You logic is well simply non-existant. It simply boils down to a jealous girlfriend trying to kill an exboyfriend "If I can't have him no one will!!!"

You are right, the fact it is only $4 to me doesn't matter if you would have to pay to switch cable providers. But one more time, lets say you get your little petitions signed and somehow get NFL network to drop these games. Then guess what you are doing on Thursday night.........NOTHING yet again.
Image
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3830
Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby AdvRider » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:20 pm

BGbootha wrote:OK i will talk a little slower and use smaller words.

1. It is not the NFL's fault or NFL networks fault. It is yours, I mean your 'friends' cable providers fault. They are the ones not providing your 'friends' with NFLNetwork.

2. It is not like they took this game away from you. If the NFL network wasn't carrying the game.....guess what....YOU STILL WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO WATCH IT. Because it would still NOT be on.

You logic is well simply non-existant. It simply boils down to a jealous girlfriend trying to kill an exboyfriend "If I can't have him no one will!!!"

You are right, the fact it is only $4 to me doesn't matter if you would have to pay to switch cable providers. But one more time, lets say you get your little petitions signed and somehow get NFL network to drop these games. Then guess what you are doing on Thursday night.........NOTHING yet again.


Your logic (rather the utter lack thereof) perplexes me.

Don’t get me wrong. I have no problem with NFL Network per se – only with the NFL’s decision to air games on it. They can air talk shows and highlight reels and classic games and coaches’ news conferences all they want and that’s cool and if people want to pay for that kind of gravy via digital cable or satellite they will.

NFL fans should NOT have to pay for the meat – the games themselves.

If you think they should then you’re … well, I guess you think economic extortion and brutal bare-knuckle capitalism at the expense of the ordinary consumer are good things. Is that right?

How about the Super Bowl as a pay per view event? Your pied piper NFL Network is leading us towards that slippery slope.

As for as a Thursday nite game not being broadcast at all if not broadcast on NFL Network – say what? Huh? Put the game on ESPN! Put it on Fox! I’m saying this from a big picture perspective without heed to the labyrinth of NFL broadcasting rules & regs, which is all BS driven by one factor – MONEY.

Let everyone enjoy the game – the rich, the poor, the fanatic, and your ex-girlfriend.
AdvRider
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

User avatar

Posts: 16
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Francisco

Postby BGbootha » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:25 pm

well there you go....how about we move those games to ESPN.....ohhh wait, ESPN is not part of basic cable where I live, in fact my grandfather had to purchase a larger cable package when monday night football moved to ESPN. But that economic 'extortion' is OK with you.
Image
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3830
Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby AdvRider » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:02 pm

BGbootha wrote:well there you go....how about we move those games to ESPN.....ohhh wait, ESPN is not part of basic cable where I live, in fact my grandfather had to purchase a larger cable package when monday night football moved to ESPN. But that economic 'extortion' is OK with you.


The NFL Network is available in about 40 million homes.

ESPN is available in about 92 million homes.

According to the NFL itself. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9879136

Let me know if you need assistance doing the math.
AdvRider
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

User avatar

Posts: 16
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Francisco

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 16:11 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact