I'd play Lion Recievers and NOT Worry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'd play Lion Recievers and NOT Worry

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'd play Lion Recievers and NOT Worry

Postby Crystalstorm » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:41 am

I you have Williams or Furrey(especially in points per reception leagues)I'd play them.

All the Bears want to do is go home healthy,they are on the raod and will probably play uninspired football,just wanting to try and make a flight to go home for Christmas.
The 2nd half of the game is where there should be a ton of Garbage yards and maybe a couple of TD's as the Lions play against 2nd and 3rd stringers,as the Bears should have the game in hand at half time.Note: Look what Tampa's offense did last week.
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:37 am

I see what you're saying, and it does sound logical. But I'm not sure I agree with it, for a few reasons.

1) As you say, look what Tampa Bay did. They embarrassed Chicago, and I think Chicago will come out wanting to prove something. Especially the defense, which wants to be known as the best in the league - the Ravens have taken that #1 ranking in many people's opinion.

2) The Bears are not accustomed to being up by 3 touchdowns. They went into some sort of soft defense (I wouldn't call it prevent, but it definately wasn't their normal scheme) and that's when Tampa Bay lit them up with some big plays.

3) Without their two defensive tackles, the Bears are going to have their fastest defensive lineman in the lineup. Since Detroit doesn't run, they will be teeing off on the QB all day. Even Green Bay, which doesn't have the most prominent pass rush was getting there in a hurry.

4) They want to trade Mike Williams this offseason IMO. He's been getting more and more time in each game. That may take away from the other guy's touches.

5) If you have someone else, why risk it? This is the fantasy playoffs and championship game for some. If you have a better matchup elsewhere, why start anyone vs. the Bears and risk a bad game?
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AbraCadaver » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:17 am

i wouldnt start ANY current lion, not even against the bears 4th string defense

the detroit lions are a horrible horrible football team and it makes me physically ill that i still watch them every week :,-(
Qb Mcnabb
RB Tomlinson
RB Kevin Jones
WR Harrison
WR Chambers
WR A.Bryant
TE Crumpler
DEF Chicago

Bench- Williamson, P.Rivers, T.Jones, M.Turner
AbraCadaver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:25 am

Don't be silly. Lions in December are only good at cashing paychecks. Stay away.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby RCR » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:25 pm

Good call, CrystalStorm-- Furrey 16 points and Williams 13 points in my league.

Contrary to what some would have you believe, there are some Lions players that actually enjoy the game and may actually act professionally and play to their fullest ability en route to "cashing paychecks".
RCR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk