Who's resting in week 17? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who's resting in week 17?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who's resting in week 17?

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:23 pm

Now that the playoff picture is starting to clear up (somewhat), are there any teams that will most likely be resting starters???
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tclangham » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:41 am

Just the Bears, all the other teams in the playoff hunt in the AFC and NFC are still jockying for playoff postions.
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who's resting in week 17?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:13 am

Inukchuk wrote:Now that the playoff picture is starting to clear up (somewhat), are there any teams that will most likely be resting starters???

Doesn't matter to me because I'll NEVER play in a league that plays the championship in week 17. Playing the most important FF game of the year in week 17 when some teams will rest their starters is just plain stupid. Play the entire season, build an awesome team, and then have to sit players that got you to the championship because they're not playing? Ridiculous. :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Crippler » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:58 am

With Salary Cap football on Yahoo, and non-playoff leagues, I'd appreciate information on this subject as well. I'm guessing that LT2 will have much less carries than normal in week 17...go Michael Turner!

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:11 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:Now that the playoff picture is starting to clear up (somewhat), are there any teams that will most likely be resting starters???

Doesn't matter to me because I'll NEVER play in a league that plays the championship in week 17. Playing the most important FF game of the year in week 17 when some teams will rest their starters is just plain stupid. Play the entire season, build an awesome team, and then have to sit players that got you to the championship because they're not playing? Ridiculous. :-t

Dude, relax. Just because not everyone plays the same way you do doesn't mean everyone else is an idiot. Our commish forgot to set the season for only 16 weeks, so we're stuck. So either get off your high horse and give some helpful info like most others in the cafe, or mind your own business.

Anyways... Is there a chance that New Orleans clinches a bye this week? I know Chicago has home field wrapped up, but does New Orleans wrap up the 2 seed if Philly wins tonight???

Oh, and Merry Christmas!
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bmonkey » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:38 pm

ya, i heard that on TV and i think i read it on Roto few days ago that NO would rest their starts if they clinch. we'll see how tonights game goes... i believe Dallas has to lose for that to happen. would they bench Duce and Bush??? i usually play Duce and not sure if i will week 17
Bmonkey
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:32 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Dude, relax. Just because not everyone plays the same way you do doesn't mean everyone else is an idiot. Our commish forgot to set the season for only 16 weeks, so we're stuck. So either get off your high horse and give some helpful info like most others in the cafe, or mind your own business.

Anyways... Is there a chance that New Orleans clinches a bye this week? I know Chicago has home field wrapped up, but does New Orleans wrap up the 2 seed if Philly wins tonight???

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

Just stating my opinion that playing FF in week 17 is ridiculous. Most people (if not all) that I know agree.

Good luck!

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to Football Talk