Shawne Merriman for Defensive MVP? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shawne Merriman for Defensive MVP?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:08 pm

This thread is kind of pointless because Jason Taylor has the award wrapped up.

Two things I will say though:

- Merriman should not win the award or go to the pro bowl in the same season he was suspended for steroids.

- I believe someone was suspended this year because what ever he was using for asthma or some other illness caused a positive test. But that doesn't mean merriman didn't use steroids, i mean look at the guy? you just don't get that way naturally....
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:52 pm

No way Lights Out wins it after tarnishing his rep. Maybe next year after the league forgets. Besides, thanks to his 4 game suspension, his numbers aren't that great. Sure he has the sacks, but Aaron Kampman has the same amount of sacks but 30 more tackles. Then there's DeMeco Ryans, a rookie leading the league in tackles. I don't think Jason Taylor will get it either. There's more Dmen out there with better numbers.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:31 pm

mweir145 wrote:I personally find it amazing that a guy that was suspended for steroids made the Pro Bowl, but maybe that's just me.

Why does that amaze you? Ray Lewis won the MVP of the Super Bowl less than 1 year after he was on trial for murder.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:08 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Why does that amaze you? Ray Lewis won the MVP of the Super Bowl less than 1 year after he was on trial for murder.

was he guilty of that? was merriman guilty of using steroids?

seems like two different things to me.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:24 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Why does that amaze you? Ray Lewis won the MVP of the Super Bowl less than 1 year after he was on trial for murder.

was he guilty of that? was merriman guilty of using steroids?

seems like two different things to me.

Point taken but it still amazed me when they gave the SB MVP to Ray Lewis. Not even saying that he didn't deserve it, just saying that it was pretty amazing that he was on trial for murder and ended up being the only person charged with something (obstruction of justice) and then months later was named SB MVP.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby ateam » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:51 pm

mweir145 wrote:I personally find it amazing that a guy that was suspended for steroids made the Pro Bowl, but maybe that's just me.

I agree 100%.

Ridiculous that he would even be in consideration of this honor, though as folks have stated, it's JTaylor's this year for sure.

The baseball/football cheaters difference is hilarious.

Who here thinks we'll see Merriman in front of congress??
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:33 pm

Yeah...no award should go to a pill-oopping roid-head like Merriman. Give it to a clean player like Peppers.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ateam » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:36 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Yeah...no award should go to a pill-oopping roid-head like Merriman. Give it to a clean player like Peppers.

Hey Art:

Nice username, when I created mine I tried it, but they said it was taken!

Anyways, JPepp, had it 'til he crumbled down the stretch, trust me, as my DL I know! :-t
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Munboy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:41 pm

ateam wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Yeah...no award should go to a pill-oopping roid-head like Merriman. Give it to a clean player like Peppers.

Hey Art:

Anyways, JPepp, had it 'til he crumbled down the stretch, trust me, as my DL I know! :-t

I was about to say the same thing. Peppers seemed like a clear cut choice, but has faded towards the end of the season when it counts the most.

Kampman for GB would get my vote.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:01 pm

ateam wrote:

Hey Art:

I was being sarcastic.

How easily we forget about past transgressions.

And thanks for the compliment on the username...I guess it's a good thing I got in before you!
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk