Of all the weeks LaDanian?!?!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Of all the weeks LaDanian?!?!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby rdurkin05sti » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:16 pm

i still won and all he got me was nine points... philip rivers saved me though i was down 1 until he threw that last td
QB: Rivers, Leftwich, Garrard
RB: LT, Willie Parker, Maroney, Addai
WR: Torry Holt, Colston, Javon Walker, Chris Henry, Mike Furrey, Todd Heap (dont have to start TE)
K: Josh Brown, John Carney
DEF: NY Giants, Colts
rdurkin05sti
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:38 pm

If LT would've had a 13 point game last week, I'd have been in (and won) my championship game. Instead I'm playing for third place.

You get no sympathy from me!
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 06MetsAllTheWay » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:03 pm

Maybe if you guys had stronger teams then you wouldn't have to depend on Tomlinson to get you 100 yds + 3 TD's every week. 130 yards is still pretty good.
06MetsAllTheWay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ateam » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:54 pm

06MetsAllTheWay wrote:Maybe if you guys had stronger teams then you wouldn't have to depend on Tomlinson to get you 100 yds + 3 TD's every week. 130 yards is still pretty good.

Exactamundo.

The LT owner in our league didn't even make the playoffs, though he scored well and could've had better luck, his one trick pony team was exposed.

Personally, I think it would've been sweet justice if LT would've truly laid an egg, LT owners = the Paris Hilton's of FF.
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tfunky14 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:55 pm

I'm thankful for LT getting me this far, it was my other players that lost it for me this week: C. Johnson, J. Jones and I played the COLTS D this week @ Houston. I still go home with second place and $175.00
tfunky14
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 20)

Postby dkman610 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:11 pm

Just wanted to let you all know that his three studs laid an egg and my defense gave me some more points and I won by 9 to take home the $700 prize!
Yeah I'm still an L.T. fan win or lose!
Bulger came through for me in a pinch!
I knew there was a reason not to give up on him.
Till next year folks!
dkman610
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bearman in NM » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:00 pm

Anytime I get double digit points by my players i call it a success. Too many folks get spoiled by those 4 td days and should never rely on that. Consistancy wins championships and having a stud like LT is only frosting on the cake.

So if you lost your final or semifinal game, don't blame LT, blame yourself for not trying to improve your team every week....

I won my leaugue's regular season and am now in the championship game.
I drafted SA with the #1 pick and he did nothing for me all year until Sunday...I also had McNabb until he went down..I could have folded , but kept on the waiver wire and still scored an average of 104 points per week....

GO BEARS!!
bearman in NM
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby quitesanemax » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:37 pm

hobie wrote:LT had a TD, but someone had a facemask penalty.

I'm not sure how you can say that. Do you have some sort of crystal ball which shows you that LT would have gotten that TD if someone didn't have a facemask penalty? I tend to think he wouldn't have gotten it... not on that play, anyway. But who knows?
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:55 pm

ateam wrote:Personally, I think it would've been sweet justice if LT would've truly laid an egg, LT owners = the Paris Hilton's of FF.

Am I to assume that you wouldn't have taken LT if you had the choice? Your statement is much more Paris-itic than LT owners.
True LT helped many a team to the playoffs, but he also helped many teams to slow starts with, by his standards, a sub-par start.

Problem is that in the playoffs you usually can't have your top scorers underperform. LT didn't let teams down as much as he just didn't measure up to unreasonable projections. I would still risk drafting him next season should I have the opportunity.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby nemo77 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:42 pm

I would also like to point out that nobody is blaming LT(at least I don't think they are blaming him). We are just disappointed that he had his worst game during the game that counted the most. It is all about luck after u put the your best players in your lineup.
nemo77
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting