Unbelievable! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Unbelievable!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Unbelievable!

Postby kjakubowsk » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:23 pm

I knew I had a very tough matchup in my championship game this week when I saw I was playing LT and W. Parker. Imagine my surprise when they put up a total of 13 points between them! Of course, my QB and WRs consisting of Vick, C. Johnson, and S. Smith decided to put up a combined total of 4 points for me!

Unbelievably, I still have an 18 point lead going into tomorrow. I have Akers left but he still has Terry Glenn, Donte Stallworth, and Randy McMichael left. Looks like I have to hope for some defenses to come up big tomorrow. :(
kjakubowsk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DTG316 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:06 am

Amazing huh, all those studs and they all choked on Super Bowl week (LT really didnt choke but didnt go off either). Goes to show you that you just never know and that the best team doesnt always win.
DTG316
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby venus » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:25 am

In the league I just won the championship, I had to beat highest scoring team in the semis, here was his team.
Bulger
LT & MJD
Roywill, Steve Smith, Lee Evans
Shockey
Jax d
Rackers
Thank god I beat him last week and didn't have to play him for the championship.

10 team league CHAMP!!
Two out of three years.
QB's Romo, Cutler
RB's SA, Tiki, Brian Westbrook, Brandon Jacobs,
WR's Javon Walker,Housh, Isaac Bruce, Keyshawn,
TE's Crumpler, Winslow
K's Graham
D NE, KC
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kjakubowsk » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:05 am

Well, turns out my 18 point lead held up and I won my championship! Probably the most ironic thing about it is that I was kicking myself pretty much all season for taking Alexander with the first overall pick and passing on LT. If I did have LT on my team instead of SA this weekend, I would have lost my game. I guess in the grand scheme of things I did end up making the correct #1 pick. :)
kjakubowsk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:23 am

kjakubowsk wrote:Well, turns out my 18 point lead held up and I won my championship! Probably the most ironic thing about it is that I was kicking myself pretty much all season for taking Alexander with the first overall pick and passing on LT. If I did have LT on my team instead of SA this weekend, I would have lost my game. I guess in the grand scheme of things I did end up making the correct #1 pick. :)

Exactly. Read my "won 1 lost a real close 1" thread. The team that won the Super Bowl took LJ over LT. The team that took second took LT.

The route to winning the super bowl sometimes isn't as obviouos as it seems.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting