M. Barber III, thanks for the 3 yards. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

M. Barber III, thanks for the 3 yards.

Moderator: Football Moderators

M. Barber III, thanks for the 3 yards.

Postby loganberries » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:59 pm

I hope he's not too spent tomorrow, after rushing the football a total of 9 feet. SICK!!!!!
loganberries
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:02 pm

yeah i was surprised by his lack of production. i really thought he had a shot at getting a couple of TDs today.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazing Oopah » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:08 pm

3 stops at the goal line... good thing I didn't need him in my championship match since I had wrapped it up!
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kyguy78 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:31 pm

I know people say this all the time, but I think I could gain 9 feet in an NFL game.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tanatej » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:33 pm

I was hoping he'd get a couple touchdowns, I lost any remaining chance I had of winning the championship. Oh well better luck next year. ;-)
tanatej
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ArchangelsOwner » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:15 pm

I feel your pain, tanatej - I was going into that Christmas game losing in my championship by 16.7 with TOwens and MBarber3 left to play. Both of us in the matchup thought I would most likely pull out a close victory. TO gave me half of the needed points, but MB3 destroyed my chances......and he was so close on that one drive, but couldn't punch it in. What makes me feel worse is the players I left on the bench that could have made it an easy win for me had I chose otherwise (RBush :~( TBrady :,-( THenry :-/ CCooley :-[ ......even RBironas would have helped me more :-# ). That's the way the football bounces in this wonderful world of fantasy football, I guess. Let's go 2007 season, get here quickly!!
ArchangelsOwner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RCR » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:09 pm

I had the chance to trade, essentially, Thomas Jones for Barber 7 weeks ago. I never could shake the fact that Barber never even STARTED, so declined. I thought I had made a mistake when all the sudden Romo and the Cowboys were in the red zone ALOT.

In hindsight, Barber depends too much on the situation (Cowboys in scoring position, Romo clicking with receivers, field position, etc). Not that T. Jones is any kind of world-beater, but in a low scoring game (Romo has been figured out by defenses) Barber is a risky play.
RCR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RedskinsFan86 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:27 pm

Barber's inability to get into the endzone on the drive in the first half was the difference in my championship. I owe him.
RedskinsFan86
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Brooklin » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:31 pm

ArchangelsOwner wrote:I feel your pain, tanatej - I was going into that Christmas game losing in my championship by 16.7 with TOwens and MBarber3 left to play. Both of us in the matchup thought I would most likely pull out a close victory. TO gave me half of the needed points, but MB3 destroyed my chances......and he was so close on that one drive, but couldn't punch it in. What makes me feel worse is the players I left on the bench that could have made it an easy win for me had I chose otherwise (RBush :~( TBrady :,-( THenry :-/ CCooley :-[ ......even RBironas would have helped me more :-# ). That's the way the football bounces in this wonderful world of fantasy football, I guess. Let's go 2007 season, get here quickly!!

You can add Julius Jones along with Barber and TO for my team. Trailing by 20 going into the game. They all stunk. Romo was to busy thinking about Carrie Underwood. Also Brees layed an egg the day before!!!
Brooklin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:24 pm

The Tuna hates you. :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach