Romo is another Rex Grossman - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Romo is another Rex Grossman

Moderator: Football Moderators

Romo is another Rex Grossman

Postby Crystalstorm » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:36 pm

Romo is just another flash in the pan,just like Grossman.You think you have a stud QB,and then the Screw you in the play-offs.

I was sick of all the Romo top 10 QB stuff.He's just an average NFL QB.

Most straters would have done just as well as Romo did when he took over.With Owens and Glenn(playing very well) and the running game booming,how could MOST QB's not do well.

I'm a ROMO HATER FOR EVER !!!!!! I always hated Dallas until I pick-up Romo,and fell in love with him and Dallass on Thanksgiving day,with those 5 TD's.,Just like everyone else that started him that week.

Wouldn't you think on Christmas Day, on National telivision,Dallas would have tried a little harder.I don't care if they already had a play-off spot.They just embarrassed themselves, IMO.

All I needed was 18 points out of him to win the Championship($3,500.00 !!!!!!!!) He gives me 15.30 points.I hope his Christmas sucks.If he threw for over 200 yards or 1 more TD, I would have won,No he throws an int.with 6 minutes to play.
Now I know why I have Always hated the Cowboys.America's team,ya right.The Patriots are AMERICA'S TEAM.and ROMO owes me $3,500.00. Damn right I'm pissed off.
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:53 pm

EVERY player has bad games. Remember last year when LT2 had like negative points vs Philly? And I'm not saying that Romo isn't a flash in the pan. Give it a couple of years and then we can make that judgement. Stuff happens man. It was just bad timing for you that Romo had a bad game when you needed him the most.

One of my teams did the same thing this year. I dominated the regular season going 12-1 and I averaged well over 100 points per game. 1st week of the playoffs I had a bye and my team scored 195.46 points. Scored 133.18 points last week in the semis. This week in the SB my team only managed 81.78 points and I lost by about 19 (opponent scored around 100). I scored under 100 points only twice all year before the SB. One was a win and one was my only loss. All my team had to do was score their average and I win in a blowout. Nothing you can do, just bad luck and bad timing.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:58 pm

I think that Romo will even out eventually. With a good set of receivers in Owens (?), Glenn, and Witten, he should be able to put up solid numbers.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby benb18a » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:46 pm

Romo sucks. He can't even overcome his defense completely biting the pillow and giving up 12 TDs in 3 weeks. I want Bledsoe back in; his release, mobility and awareness are much better than Romo's.

On a serious note, Yeah he had a bad game, against a defense with two starting pro bowl DBs. The guy is human; Bledsoe would've gotten sacked atleast 6 times in that game, the line played so bad. As he gets more experience he will be a good QB. To compare him to Grossman is insane. If Dallas had that schedule, Romo would be putting up even better numbers, which would project out to be about 4400/28/16 for a 16 game season. Not bad for a first season if you ask me.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:47 pm

every first year starter goes through growing pains every once in a while. its too soon to make a final judgement on romo.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: Romo is another Rex Grossman

Postby biju » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:25 pm

Crystalstorm wrote:The Patriots are AMERICA'S TEAM.

No. No they are not. Please keep that crap in Boston. If you've ever wondered why people dislike the Patriots (or Yankees, Red Sox, etc.) it's because the people over there really do think this way.

Merry Christmas.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby swyck » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:17 am

Crystalstorm wrote: All I needed was 18 points out of him to win the Championship($3,500.00 !!!!!!!!) He gives me 15.30 points.I hope his Christmas sucks.If he threw for over 200 yards or 1 more TD, I would have won,No he throws an int.with 6 minutes to play.
Now I know why I have Always hated the Cowboys.America's team,ya right.The Patriots are AMERICA'S TEAM.and ROMO owes me $3,500.00. Damn right I'm pissed off.

Glad you lost. I can't stand whining crying money players. :-B

Needing 18 points to win, you were already lost dude. No one owes you a damn thing. You suck. :-t
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Howie » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:22 am

Crystalstorm wrote:Romo is just another flash in the pan,just like Grossman.You think you have a stud QB,and then the Screw you in the play-offs.

I was sick of all the Romo top 10 QB stuff.He's just an average NFL QB.

Most straters would have done just as well as Romo did when he took over.With Owens and Glenn(playing very well) and the running game booming,how could MOST QB's not do well.

I'm a ROMO HATER FOR EVER !!!!!! I always hated Dallas until I pick-up Romo,and fell in love with him and Dallass on Thanksgiving day,with those 5 TD's.,Just like everyone else that started him that week.

Wouldn't you think on Christmas Day, on National telivision,Dallas would have tried a little harder.I don't care if they already had a play-off spot.They just embarrassed themselves, IMO.

All I needed was 18 points out of him to win the Championship($3,500.00 !!!!!!!!) He gives me 15.30 points.I hope his Christmas sucks.If he threw for over 200 yards or 1 more TD, I would have won,No he throws an int.with 6 minutes to play.

If you knew Romo was just a flash in the pan then why did you start him?
Howie
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:40 am

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)

Return to Football Talk