Cheating in the finals? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheating in the finals?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cheating in the finals?

Postby jebatzel » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:28 am

I have someone in my league saying that someone cheating with there lineup.

Anyone ever have a problem with yahoo not displaying the correct roster before?

He is saying that Jeff Garcia was the QB in the lineup when the Lions game started yesterday.

John Kitna was in at kickoff to my knowledge.

Team facing guy with Kitna, yahoo smack

"No sense in playing the league if you're gonna cheat to win."
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Crippler » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:00 am

Its very possible to cheat on Yahoo if you're the commish. It wouldnt surprise me.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SirDunkALot » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:18 am

Is the guy he playing the commish?
SirDunkALot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:38 pm

Actualy as a Yahoo commish I can say that its absolutely impossible. Yes, you can change your roster at any moment, even after the start or completion of games...but there is NO WAY to do it without everyone knowing...it would be clearly seen in the transactions/roster moves column.

So no, that guy did not cheat, he made a last minute change unless there's something you haven't mentioned.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby upslogger19 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:22 pm

Joeybagadonuts wrote:Actualy as a Yahoo commish I can say that its absolutely impossible. Yes, you can change your roster at any moment, even after the start or completion of games...but there is NO WAY to do it without everyone knowing...it would be clearly seen in the transactions/roster moves column.

So no, that guy did not cheat, he made a last minute change unless there's something you haven't mentioned.

Nope, not true. It does NOT show up in the transactions column if you just insert a guy off your bench. It will only show up if he was a free agent and he picked him up.
No drafts yet.
upslogger19
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:10 pm

I wouldnt bet my life on it but I'm pretty sure that any moves made by the comisioner beyond ordinary moves for his own team are always visible in the transactions column.
Yahoo is smart enough to take care of something that obvious.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Goody » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:02 pm

upslogger19 wrote:
Joeybagadonuts wrote:Actualy as a Yahoo commish I can say that its absolutely impossible. Yes, you can change your roster at any moment, even after the start or completion of games...but there is NO WAY to do it without everyone knowing...it would be clearly seen in the transactions/roster moves column.

Nope, not true. It does NOT show up in the transactions column if you just insert a guy off your bench. It will only show up if he was a free agent and he picked him up.

Joey is right on this one! All changes made by the commissioner are shown in the transactions log. I know becuase I am a commissioner and one of the guys in my league was out of town and called me before the games started to make a change to his roster for him (which was legal) and it shows up in the transactions. Every change I have ever made, whether it is locking down managers, making roster changes, etc. show up in the transaction log.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:10 pm

In my Yahoo league I am the commissioner and everything shows up EXCEPT the roster moves, I have had to make a couple changes for some people during the season and in our league, it does not show up. Maybe it's my league, but when this happens I have never seen a start/bench move show up in the transactions.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:12 pm

I made three roster moves this year and they all showed up with a letter and number next to them...but perhaps it is different according to the settings you have for each league.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tusin » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:08 pm

Roster moves do NOT show up! Example:

Just this last weekend, the commish 12-1 team, lost in the playoffs, so being mad/funny/messing around (we are all close friends) changed his and team he was playing roster. If he was actually being serious about it, and trying to cheat, there is/was no way to see that he made the changes. Even in the transaction history.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk