Cheating in the finals? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheating in the finals?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Infidel » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:37 pm

Can't chime in on whether roster moves show up or not. As Commish, I have never taken a league there. But I do know from playing there that if you do not reload Stat Tracker right before KO, roster changes will not show up from the time you logged on......
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:07 am

I can vouch for the fact that a roster move will not show up, and as a commish, it is very possible to cheat in this way. That being said, what kind of low life would do that?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:47 am

Roster Moves would show up - LINEUP moves, which is what the issue is here, would NOT.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Crippler » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:56 am

Joeybagadonuts wrote:I wouldnt bet my life on it but I'm pretty sure that any moves made by the comisioner beyond ordinary moves for his own team are always visible in the transactions column.
Yahoo is smart enough to take care of something that obvious.

Nope, you're 100% wrong on this one. The type of change in this example does not show up. Its a big gripe that people have with Yahoo, and they are obviously not smart enough to take care of it.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 17)

Postby Goody » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:10 am

Crippler wrote:
Joeybagadonuts wrote:I wouldnt bet my life on it but I'm pretty sure that any moves made by the comisioner beyond ordinary moves for his own team are always visible in the transactions column.
Yahoo is smart enough to take care of something that obvious.

Nope, you're 100% wrong on this one. The type of change in this example does not show up. Its a big gripe that people have with Yahoo, and they are obviously not smart enough to take care of it.

Yeah, I was wrong in what I previously stated. I dropped and picked up a player for the manager I made a move for. It showed up in the transaction history. As far as the lineup change, nothing was noted in the history regarding it. The only thing I can think of that could have happened in this case (to defend the commish from cheating), is that your stat tracker was loaded before his lineup change was made and hadn't refreshed. This has happened in many instances this year (in my league) where a manager made a change to his roster for the 3:15 games and it did not show until I had refreshed my stat tracker. I am not in any way trying to say the commish didn't cheat, but I like to treat every case as innocent until proven guilty. It's a shame that some people actually do cheat and it really takes the fun and integrity out of the game.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk