Payout Confusion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Payout Confusion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Payout Confusion

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:22 am

Apparently the league's payouts for my league were posted and then somehow erased so no one is really sure what should take place.

There's 700 bux to go around.

500 to the winner, that much everyone remembers.

Then its up to the regular season champ and second place...who should get more? I know one was 125, and the other 75, but which was which, I have no idea. Should the larger go to the reg season champ...is that how it usualy works?
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1040
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Brooklyn

Postby waterproof » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:39 pm

no standard... always different per league
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye
Posts: 698
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: running in circles

Postby meatwad10 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:43 pm

i'd say 125 to the regular season champ,
75 to second place
meatwad10
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 282
Joined: 15 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby waterproof » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:47 pm

meatwad10 wrote:i'd say 125 to the regular season champ,
75 to second place

I'd go the other way... IMO playoffs mean more (like in real life)
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye
Posts: 698
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: running in circles

Postby dgan » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:42 pm

My suggestion is if no one remembers, just give $100 to each. That would seem to be the most amicable way to handle it.
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:25 am

dgan wrote:My suggestion is if no one remembers, just give $100 to each. That would seem to be the most amicable way to handle it.


Yeah, I would go with this, although if it were up to me, I would have said 2nd place gets 125...much bigger accomplishment than getting reg season 1st...if that were the objective, the Colts would be really good.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Postby Crippler » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:56 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
dgan wrote:My suggestion is if no one remembers, just give $100 to each. That would seem to be the most amicable way to handle it.


Yeah, I would go with this, although if it were up to me, I would have said 2nd place gets 125...much bigger accomplishment than getting reg season 1st...if that were the objective, the Colts would be really good.


Agreed. $125 to 2nd place makes more sense, but $100 to each may be a good idea if nobody can remember.
Image

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:39 am

Crippler wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
dgan wrote:My suggestion is if no one remembers, just give $100 to each. That would seem to be the most amicable way to handle it.

Yeah, I would go with this, although if it were up to me, I would have said 2nd place gets 125...much bigger accomplishment than getting reg season 1st...if that were the objective, the Colts would be really good.

Agreed. $125 to 2nd place makes more sense, but $100 to each may be a good idea if nobody can remember.

What they said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2398
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:11 am

thanks guys, I think that's the fair way to go. 100 to each it is.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1040
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Brooklyn

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:24 pm

waterproof wrote:
meatwad10 wrote:i'd say 125 to the regular season champ,
75 to second place

I'd go the other way... IMO playoffs mean more (like in real life)


Yeah Playoffs mean more if you win...but what does second place in the playoffs get in any league?

At least with first in the Regular season (a much longer season and there for tougher to do better in in ffb) that team finished first in something. I'd give it $125 for the season winner and $75 for the second place winner if it had to be done that way.

But I do agree that $100 each is probably the way to go now that the original cannot be found. You don't want some guy digging it up on his computer one day and then asking for $50 from the other guy.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:41 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact