Saddam To Be Hanged Within 30 Days - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Saddam To Be Hanged Within 30 Days

Moderator: Football Moderators

Saddam To Be Hanged Within 30 Days

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:39 am

Looks like he'll be hanged by 1/27/07. The final Appeals Court has ruled and it's over.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/12/ ... index.html
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:47 am

looking forward to the streaming video, or at least a you tube snippet. 8-o ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:26 pm

couldn't happen to a more deserving guy! ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:29 pm

Capitol punishment for a viscious tyrant. Good riddance.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:38 pm

When I was a kid, around 10 or so, we used to cut his pictures out of magazines and staple then to a piece of drywall. Then we'd proceed to shoot the hell out of him with our Red Ryders. Needless to say, I like this verdict. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:13 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:When I was a kid, around 10 or so, we used to cut his pictures out of magazines and staple then to a piece of drywall. Then we'd proceed to shoot the hell out of him with our Red Ryders. Needless to say, I like this verdict. :-D

Whoa dood you're lucky you didnt shoot your eye out! :-b

Agreed....good riddance.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:48 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:When I was a kid, around 10 or so, we used to cut his pictures out of magazines and staple then to a piece of drywall. Then we'd proceed to shoot the hell out of him with our Red Ryders. Needless to say, I like this verdict. :-D

Whoa dood you're lucky you didnt shoot your eye out! :-b

Agreed....good riddance.

i was wondering how long it would take for someone to throw in a christmas story reference :-b

finally ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:29 pm

Anyone know how the Iraqis hang people? Whether they drop him from a distance allowing gravity to snap his neck, or if they just let him slowly strangle to death?

I don't want to know just to get any perverse pleasure from Saddam's execution, but I'm just wondering if it's going to take a while or not. I like to get my international news in quick hits, lol.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:00 pm

I'm actually not a proponent of the Death Penalty, but this is ridiculous:

NEW YORK (AFP) - Human Rights Watch urged the Iraqi government not to execute Saddam Hussein, describing the trial that convicted the former president for crimes against humanity as "deeply flawed."

"Imposing the death penalty, indefensible in any case, is especially wrong after such unfair proceedings," said Richard Dicker, director of Human Rights Watch's international justice programme.

"That a judicial decision was first announced by Iraq's national security adviser underlines the political interference that marred Saddam Hussein's trial," he added.

Saddam was sentenced to death in November after a trial lasting more than a year for ordering the deaths of 148 Shiite civilians from the town of Dujail, north of Baghdad, after an assassination attempt in 1982.

A panel of Iraqi judges rejected his appeal and upheld the sentence earlier Tuesday, setting the stage for the ousted dictator to be hanged within 30 days.

New York-based Human Rights Watch said the Iraqi appeals court should have conducted a thorough legal review of the verdict.

The rights watchdog last month identified serious flaws in Saddam's trial, describing the trial in a 97-page report as "marred by so many procedural and substantive flaws that the verdict is unsound."

Human Rights Watch routinely opposes the use of the death penalty, describing the punishment as inherently inhumane.

If ever there was a person who deserved the Death Penalty, Saddam was that person.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:29 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm actually not a proponent of the Death Penalty, but this is ridiculous:

NEW YORK (AFP) - Human Rights Watch urged the Iraqi government not to execute Saddam Hussein, describing the trial that convicted the former president for crimes against humanity as "deeply flawed."

"Imposing the death penalty, indefensible in any case, is especially wrong after such unfair proceedings," said Richard Dicker, director of Human Rights Watch's international justice programme.

"That a judicial decision was first announced by Iraq's national security adviser underlines the political interference that marred Saddam Hussein's trial," he added.

Saddam was sentenced to death in November after a trial lasting more than a year for ordering the deaths of 148 Shiite civilians from the town of Dujail, north of Baghdad, after an assassination attempt in 1982.

A panel of Iraqi judges rejected his appeal and upheld the sentence earlier Tuesday, setting the stage for the ousted dictator to be hanged within 30 days.

New York-based Human Rights Watch said the Iraqi appeals court should have conducted a thorough legal review of the verdict.

The rights watchdog last month identified serious flaws in Saddam's trial, describing the trial in a 97-page report as "marred by so many procedural and substantive flaws that the verdict is unsound."

Human Rights Watch routinely opposes the use of the death penalty, describing the punishment as inherently inhumane.

If ever there was a person who deserved the Death Penalty, Saddam was that person.

I doubt Mr. Dicker has the gall to even look at photos of the mass-graves Sadaam is responsible for. What a bunch of hippocrits! If there was anything flawed about Sadaam's trial, it was that none of the judges enforced authority enough. The defiance of the legal ruling authority they routinely let Sadaam and his counsel demonstrate was sickeningly weak, especially for a new government that had to take the opportunity to assert itself to try to establish some form of order.

As for Sadaam, shame there simply isn't be punishment worth of the crimes he's committed, but at least the world will be a better place without him.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk