How many lost bowl with LT2?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

How many lost bowl with LT2??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tomkatt » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:23 pm

I lost 78-49 in our Super Bowl with LT2.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:25 am

MadDog36 wrote:well, i won 3 of 4 that had LT.

how many leagues do u have that u managed to get LT in 4 of them?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kjakubowsk » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:30 am

I beat LT in my championship game 87-73 and I even had 4 bums on my team (C. Johnson, S. Smith, M. Vick, Indy D). Luckily he had just as many bums and Gore and Alexander made up the slack for me.
kjakubowsk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:19 am

I handily beat LT2 with SJax.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lshark21 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:07 pm

Add me to the list of owners who lost with LT. Brees did not perform as I had hoped. Stallworth only got me 5 and Smith layed an egg. It all adds up to the end of my four-peat hopes. I guess winning the league 3 out of 5 years isn't too shabby.
lshark21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby KCGamer » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:28 pm

I lost 63 to 60 with LT2

I had Marion Barber, Housh, and Rivers on my bench...sigh

Holt got me nothing, LT underperformed and Romo sucked.

12-2 record during the regular season...regular season second place was 9-4-1...he had SJax who went off in the SB. If SJax doesn't score the overtime TD, I win...maybe next year.
KCGamer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SteelersRock » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:04 pm

I got crushed with LT on my roster. My lowest point production all year team wise.

FWP did nothing, none of my QB's did anything, my receivers did nothing, etc.

The guy I played had Steven Jackson and Ron Dayne. All he needed right there to beat me. Dayne was a Super Bowl week pickup for him.
QB - Dree Brees, Sam Bradford
RB - Knowshon Moreno, Addai, Beanie Wells, Brandon Jackson
WR - Randy Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Pierre Garcon, Kevin Walter, Lance Moore
TE - John Carlson
K - Jeff Reed
D/ST - New England, San Diego
SteelersRock Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby nemo77 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:21 pm

SteelersRock wrote:I got crushed with LT on my roster. My lowest point production all year team wise.

The guy I played had Steven Jackson and Ron Dayne. All he needed right there to beat me. Dayne was a Super Bowl week pickup for him.

Me too!!!!!I call BS. Lowest point total for my team the whole year, after having a first place finish with the most points. My players did jack.... vick, AJ, Chambers, Hackett, LT2, Chester, Colston, Stover and JaX D. I'm so mad because i lost to the 6th seed. He had MJD and Jam, only 2 players he needed to beat me...pathetic
nemo77
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SteelersRock » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:37 pm

nemo77 wrote:
SteelersRock wrote:I got crushed with LT on my roster. My lowest point production all year team wise.

Me too!!!!!I call BS. Lowest point total for my team the whole year, after having a first place finish with the most points. My players did jack.... vick, AJ, Chambers, Hackett, LT2, Chester, Colston, Stover and JaX D. I'm so mad because i lost to the 6th seed. He had MJD and Jam, only 2 players he needed to beat me...pathetic

I think the guy I played was a 6 seed too. He had a regular season record of 7-6, but his team did what it needed to do when it counted the most - mine didn't. Just the way it goes sometimes - like Indy losing to Houston.

On paper, I should've crushed this team. But I was worried about it the whole week - especially Dayne against the weak Indy rush defense.

It's my fault though. I should've picked up Dayne in a defensive move and I didn't. He would've been a better start than FWP. However, even if I had done that, I would've still lost. I would've had to pick up play Dayne over FWP, Furry over Glenn, and Henry over Galloway to win this week. Not many fantasy owners would've made all those moves. I went mostly with the guys that got me there, and feel that I played my best guys in the final.

So, be glad that LT did as good as he did for you this year. I'll bet you got a lot of wins because he was on your roster. I know I did.
QB - Dree Brees, Sam Bradford
RB - Knowshon Moreno, Addai, Beanie Wells, Brandon Jackson
WR - Randy Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Pierre Garcon, Kevin Walter, Lance Moore
TE - John Carlson
K - Jeff Reed
D/ST - New England, San Diego
SteelersRock Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kilroy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:39 pm

What's "BS" is Tomlinson owners crying because for the first time in 3 months he didn't put up phenomenal numbers, or because they thought their teams were so great that they didn't need to continue making moves to improve it. Counting on one or two players to win your games for you is a good way to get bounced.

I don't mean to sound harsh, because I know a lot a lot of LT2 owners just got caught on a down week overall. However, either way just call it a lesson learned and move on.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting