Top 25 for 2007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 25 for 2007

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Top 25 for 2007

Postby eman » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:56 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
ateam wrote:With apologies to top 10 thread...

LT
LJ
SJax
Peyton
SA :-t
Gore ;-D
Westy :-t
FWP ;-D
Portis ;-D
Rudi
Addai only rookie back I may go with for next year.
Bush :-t
MJD :-t
Chester ;-D
Marion :-t
Maroney :-t
McNabb :-t
Brees
Bulger
Palmer :-t
TO
CJ ;-D
Wayne (I still think Harrison should be here before Wayne even next year, but you can pretty much clump them together)
Holt ;-D
Moss (assuming he's dealt)

I tried to give positional love, so some that should be in would be: McGahee, RBrown, KJones perhaps...

I've thumbed down the ones I think could move down and thumbed up ones that should move up. I don't think you can easily leave out some of the top flight recievers and just clump them at the last 5 spots of the top 25. The QBs are essentially too high, as you could probably grab a WR then wait another round for the QB.

Couldnt agree more with you regarding the WR's and QB's, but I think SA, Bush, and MJD are ranked where they should be.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:10 pm

Moss? I don't care where he's playing. he's NOT top 25. You could get him 50 spots lower and still be reaching.

As for the rest, I think SA is too high. Marion is too high, Maroney is too high (at this point), Portis is too high, Bulger is too high, Peyton a couple spots too high, Bulger, McNabb too high. bump everyone else up a pegg to replace these guys.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Crippler » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:24 pm

Pretty much every QB on that list should be dropped. Especially Bulger and McNabb

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:01 pm

I think SA has proven over the last few weeks that he is still an elite back. I hope he does fall down in the rankings. I'd love to be able to grab him if I don't get a 1, 2, or 3 pick next year. He'll be back to himself, I think.

As for the rankings.

Top Tier:
LT, LJ, SA, SJ

Gore, Westy, FWP, Portis, Chester, Rudi, R. Brown, P. Manning would round out the first go around in a 12 team league.

Others to think about are McGahee (just doesn't get enough TDs), Henry, K. Jones (worried about the injury - how will he bounce back?)
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:09 pm

quitesanemax wrote:I think SA has proven over the last few weeks that he is still an elite back. I hope he does fall down in the rankings. I'd love to be able to grab him if I don't get a 1, 2, or 3 pick next year. He'll be back to himself, I think.

As for the rankings.

Top Tier:
LT, LJ, SA, SJ

Gore, Westy, FWP, Portis, Chester, Rudi, R. Brown, P. Manning would round out the first go around in a 12 team league.

Others to think about are McGahee (just doesn't get enough TDs), Henry, K. Jones (worried about the injury - how will he bounce back?)

Yeah but SA is a rested back going against tired defences.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eman » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:48 am

:-[ He ran for 140 yards and 2 td against one of the best rushing defenses in the NFL running on a full week's break just like SA was, so I dont see how you could say he's facing tired defenses.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:05 am

This means in a 12 team league you have Addai going first round? Absolutly no way I would waste a first rounder on Addai.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:32 am

eman wrote::-[ He ran for 140 yards and 2 td against one of the best rushing defenses in the NFL running on a full week's break just like SA was, so I dont see how you could say he's facing tired defenses.

He wasn't talking about a bye week.
Last edited by Free Bagel on Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Lung » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:47 am

From Brad Evans of Yahoo! Fantasy Sports: http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=be-noise_122806&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&league=fantasy/nfl

TOP 27 OF 2007
Because fantasy football consumption never ends, here is a sneak peak and my early '07 cheatsheet for performance non-PPR leagues.
  • 1. LaDanian Tomlinson, SD, RB: In a class by himself, but beware of the Madden Curse!
  • 2. Larry Johnson, KC, RB: Grand-Ma-Ma baked 10 100-yard cookies in 2006 and should be good for 1,800 total yards and 13-16 end-zone treats in '07.
  • 3. Steven Jackson, StL, RB: Healthy Orlando Pace and likely offseason O-line improvements point to a career year.
  • 4. Frank Gore, SF, RB: Don't call him Al. His eight 100-yard games make him no "Inconvenient Truth."
  • 5. Clinton Portis, Was, RB: Portis blossoms for 15-20 TDs with a year of the complicated Al Saunders system under his belt, but make sure you grab Ladell Betts.
  • 6. Shaun Alexander, Sea, RB: His 140-yard, two-TD performance in Week 15 shows he's still a force, but the snowball is on the backside of the hill.
  • 7. Willie Parker, Pit, RB: Silenced his critics who believed he couldn't handle a full load, notching 11 touchdowns and two-200 yard games.
  • 8. Brian Westbrook, Phi, RB: The most versatile back in fantasy is a PPR-monster who had 100-total yards in 12 of 14 games.
  • 9. Rudi Johnson, Cin, RB Yardage totals dipped by 13 percent, but RJ scored 12 times for the third straight year.
  • 10. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jax, RB: Rolly polly frame, open-field explosiveness and baby soft hands makes him the AFC's version of Brian Westbrook.
  • 11. Brandon Jacobs, NYG, RB: With Tiki in the booth, the "Football Frankenstein" lumbers his way to a 1,400 total yard, 10-12 touchdown season.
  • 12. Ronnie Brown, Mia, RB: If Daunte Culpepper can return to respectable levels, Brown could be a bargain at the first round turn.
  • 13. Chester Taylor, Min, RB: Underappreciated, the "Cheetah" averaged 104.9 total yards-per-game. Anticipate 50-plus receptions if Tavaris Jackson starts.
  • 14. Peyton Manning, Ind, QB: Sure he's the elite of the QB class, but he averaged only four points-per-game more than 15th-ranked Vince Young.
  • 15. Terrell Owens, Dal, WR: Led all wideouts with 12 touchdowns. Outside of his rambunctious behavior, he's the best in the game.
  • 16. Joseph Addai, Ind, RB: Prospered for 5.0 yards-per-carry despite a miniscule 13.7 rushes per game. Dominic Rhodes' 3.4 yards-per-carry ineffectiveness should hand over the reigns.
  • 17. Marvin Harrison, Ind, WR: Advancing age hasn't slowed him down as he totaled his eighth straight season of 1,100 yards and 10 or more scores.
  • 18. Willis McGahee, Buf, RB: When Judas Priest Losman rocked for 200 or more yards, Willie Mac averaged 93.6 yards-per-game. Bills need to improve red-zone offense to increase TD totals.
  • 19. Marion Barber III, Dal, RB: The Spring Break case of herpes that never went away for Julius Jones owners - gut feeling, Barber eclipses 250 carries.
  • 20. Chad Johnson, Cin, WR: First Half: 64.4 YPG, 2 TDs. Second Half: 108.1 YPG, 5 TDs. Mr. Show needs to figure out a way to conjure the productive Ocho-Cinco alter-ego on a more routine basis.
  • 21. Edgerrin James, Ari, RB: Desert mirage will significantly boost his career worst 3.4 yards-per-carry if offensive line needs are addressed. Good late second-round value.
  • 22. Deuce McAllister, NO, RB: The four-letter network hype machine gets the pub, but Deuce is a goal-line sub. Quietly he finished 10th among backs with 83.6 total yards-per-game and 10 touchdowns.
  • 23. Laurence Maroney, NE, RB: Would be higher if Dillon was out of the picture. Should see roughly 15-20 carries-per-game next year, but CD is a goal-line gremlin.
  • 24. Carnell Williams, TB, RB: Re-signing of Chris Simms and a patched O-line implies a bargain basement buy.
  • 25. Adrian Peterson, RB: Cream of the rookie crop would look great in Houston or Cleveland. Soon-to-be-nicknamed "The Punisher," he's capable of 1,200 total yards and 5-7 scores, if turf monsters don't bite.
  • 26. Reggie Bush, NO, RB: If Chris Mortensen is at your draft he'll go in the top-five. The media love-child is a topflight PPR play, but as long as Deuce runs loose TDs are the exception not the norm.
  • 27. Marshawn Lynch, RB: Versatile speed demon can take it the distance in a blink of an eye. If he leaves early, the Browns or Jets will beckon. In a favorable situation he's a solid gamble in the early third capable of 1,300 total yards and 4-6 touchdowns.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:41 pm

The Lung wrote:
TOP 27 OF 2007
Because fantasy football consumption never ends, here is a sneak peak and my early '07 cheatsheet for performance non-PPR leagues.
  • 1. LaDanian Tomlinson, SD, RB: In a class by himself, but beware of the Madden Curse!
  • 2. Larry Johnson, KC, RB: Grand-Ma-Ma baked 10 100-yard cookies in 2006 and should be good for 1,800 total yards and 13-16 end-zone treats in '07.
  • 3. Steven Jackson, StL, RB: Healthy Orlando Pace and likely offseason O-line improvements point to a career year.
  • 4. Frank Gore, SF, RB: Don't call him Al. His eight 100-yard games make him no "Inconvenient Truth."
  • 5. Clinton Portis, Was, RB: Portis blossoms for 15-20 TDs with a year of the complicated Al Saunders system under his belt, but make sure you grab Ladell Betts.
  • 6. Shaun Alexander, Sea, RB: His 140-yard, two-TD performance in Week 15 shows he's still a force, but the snowball is on the backside of the hill.
  • 7. Willie Parker, Pit, RB: Silenced his critics who believed he couldn't handle a full load, notching 11 touchdowns and two-200 yard games.
  • 8. Brian Westbrook, Phi, RB: The most versatile back in fantasy is a PPR-monster who had 100-total yards in 12 of 14 games.
  • 9. Rudi Johnson, Cin, RB Yardage totals dipped by 13 percent, but RJ scored 12 times for the third straight year.
  • 10. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jax, RB: Rolly polly frame, open-field explosiveness and baby soft hands makes him the AFC's version of Brian Westbrook.
  • 11. Brandon Jacobs, NYG, RB: With Tiki in the booth, the "Football Frankenstein" lumbers his way to a 1,400 total yard, 10-12 touchdown season.
  • 12. Ronnie Brown, Mia, RB: If Daunte Culpepper can return to respectable levels, Brown could be a bargain at the first round turn.
  • 13. Chester Taylor, Min, RB: Underappreciated, the "Cheetah" averaged 104.9 total yards-per-game. Anticipate 50-plus receptions if Tavaris Jackson starts.
  • 14. Peyton Manning, Ind, QB: Sure he's the elite of the QB class, but he averaged only four points-per-game more than 15th-ranked Vince Young.
  • 15. Terrell Owens, Dal, WR: Led all wideouts with 12 touchdowns. Outside of his rambunctious behavior, he's the best in the game.
  • 16. Joseph Addai, Ind, RB: Prospered for 5.0 yards-per-carry despite a miniscule 13.7 rushes per game. Dominic Rhodes' 3.4 yards-per-carry ineffectiveness should hand over the reigns.
  • 17. Marvin Harrison, Ind, WR: Advancing age hasn't slowed him down as he totaled his eighth straight season of 1,100 yards and 10 or more scores.
  • 18. Willis McGahee, Buf, RB: When Judas Priest Losman rocked for 200 or more yards, Willie Mac averaged 93.6 yards-per-game. Bills need to improve red-zone offense to increase TD totals.
  • 19. Marion Barber III, Dal, RB: The Spring Break case of herpes that never went away for Julius Jones owners - gut feeling, Barber eclipses 250 carries.
  • 20. Chad Johnson, Cin, WR: First Half: 64.4 YPG, 2 TDs. Second Half: 108.1 YPG, 5 TDs. Mr. Show needs to figure out a way to conjure the productive Ocho-Cinco alter-ego on a more routine basis.
  • 21. Edgerrin James, Ari, RB: Desert mirage will significantly boost his career worst 3.4 yards-per-carry if offensive line needs are addressed. Good late second-round value.
  • 22. Deuce McAllister, NO, RB: The four-letter network hype machine gets the pub, but Deuce is a goal-line sub. Quietly he finished 10th among backs with 83.6 total yards-per-game and 10 touchdowns.
  • 23. Laurence Maroney, NE, RB: Would be higher if Dillon was out of the picture. Should see roughly 15-20 carries-per-game next year, but CD is a goal-line gremlin.
  • 24. Carnell Williams, TB, RB: Re-signing of Chris Simms and a patched O-line implies a bargain basement buy.
  • 25. Adrian Peterson, RB: Cream of the rookie crop would look great in Houston or Cleveland. Soon-to-be-nicknamed "The Punisher," he's capable of 1,200 total yards and 5-7 scores, if turf monsters don't bite.
  • 26. Reggie Bush, NO, RB: If Chris Mortensen is at your draft he'll go in the top-five. The media love-child is a topflight PPR play, but as long as Deuce runs loose TDs are the exception not the norm.
  • 27. Marshawn Lynch, RB: Versatile speed demon can take it the distance in a blink of an eye. If he leaves early, the Browns or Jets will beckon. In a favorable situation he's a solid gamble in the early third capable of 1,300 total yards and 4-6 touchdowns.

MJD and Brandon Jacobs are much too high. Jones-Drew looks to be headed the right direction, but if Fragile Freddy's still there, that will obviously cut into his production.

Brandon Jacobs has potential, but I still need to be proven he can handle the tailback position all by himself. Michael Turner anyone?

He's putting too much stock in rookie RBs. Yes, Peterson will be the next of the elite RBs, and Lynch will be an excellent RB as well, but if they end up on a team with a horrible offensive line, a RB can only do so much along with ONLY being a rookie (see Edgerrin James).

No love for Steve Smith? Torry Holt? These guys are consistent (well for Smith, when Delhomme is in). I'll take one of these guys over guys such as Peterson and Lynch.

Laurence Maroney is too low. If I remember correctly, isn't Dillon's contract up after this year? If it is, and Maroney is the man in New England, he moves into the top 10.

I honestly feel if Michael Turner can find his way out of San Diego, he could become a viable RB2.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk