Problem with DVD drive - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Problem with DVD drive

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Problem with DVD drive

Postby moonhead » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:28 pm

sox 06 wrote:
eagles21 wrote:I have a Windows XP, and everytime I put a DVD in the DVD Drive, it doesn't read the disk. When I go into my computer and click on the drive, it says to insert a disk even though there is already one in it. Does anyone know if this can be fixed, and how?

By any chance do you have a Dell computer? I have a Dell Dimension 4600 with a seperate DVD and Burning Disc drives. The DVD one doesn't do anything also. I've tried reinstalling it and I even talked to Dell about it. They told me it was dead and I would need to get a new drive. Luckily it's still under warrenty. ;-D

let this be a lesson to all you out there considering dell computers. purchase the warranties!!!!! and call me, i can help you. i get commissions too. PM me if you want my extension. :-]
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby sox 06 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:30 pm

moonhead wrote:
sox 06 wrote:
eagles21 wrote:I have a Windows XP, and everytime I put a DVD in the DVD Drive, it doesn't read the disk. When I go into my computer and click on the drive, it says to insert a disk even though there is already one in it. Does anyone know if this can be fixed, and how?

By any chance do you have a Dell computer? I have a Dell Dimension 4600 with a seperate DVD and Burning Disc drives. The DVD one doesn't do anything also. I've tried reinstalling it and I even talked to Dell about it. They told me it was dead and I would need to get a new drive. Luckily it's still under warrenty. ;-D

let this be a lesson to all you out there considering dell computers. purchase the warranties!!!!! and call me, i can help you. i get commissions too. PM me if you want my extension. :-]

Not to get off the topic of the post but after 2 years my FREE 17" Flat Panel upgrade screen just stopped working. I got a new one though for free, no shipping charges either.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:16 pm

Someone I work with just bought a new PC, and his DVD drive/burner doesn't work either. It was a Dell. I'm pretty sure he's going to have to get a new drive.

Maybe there's a bad batch of drives out there?? :-P
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:28 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Someone I work with just bought a new PC, and his DVD drive/burner doesn't work either. It was a Dell. I'm pretty sure he's going to have to get a new drive.

Maybe there's a bad batch of drives out there?? :-P

I bought my computer about 2-3 years ago.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:02 pm

moonhead wrote:
sox 06 wrote:

do you really work for Dell? i want to buy a laptop in a few months, but i'm not getting the warranty (well, maybe depending on how expensive it is vs the laptop)

i had to tell a Best Buy associate 7 times i didnt want the warranty on an iPod.

...and they tried selling me one on a $30 toaster over once :*)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:12 pm

sox 06 wrote:

I do have a Dell. That's pretty odd that your DVD drive doesn't work either. Anyway, I'm sure the drive is broken, and luckily my uncle has a DVD drive and he's going to install it for me. Thanks for the help guys. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk