5. (50) Deuce McAllister RB
6. (51) Joe Horn WR
7. (70) Drew Brees QB
9. (90) Marques Colston TE
11. (110) Kevin Curtis WR
12. (111) Isaac Bruce WR
13. (130) John Carney K
14. (131) St. Louis DEF

What did this experiment prove? How pathetic the players in Yahoo public leagues are ;-)

When you cut out the slack, this is what you get: The best QB in fantasy football this year, another good/great QB, 2 of the best RBs in FF and a really nice #3, a top 2-3 TE/WR, one of the top WRs in Holt, and decent backup WRs to juggle depending on injuries and matchups. Not a stretch by any means, and I'd bet you could have won more games if you played the right players on certain weeks. The bye week was a dump for you, but that's only one certain loss and you are at full strength all year instead of losing guys here and there all year long, being that both teams had a week 7 bye. I dunno, sounds like maybe you could have done better, and you might not want to dog yahoo players.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Experiment

Postby Crippler » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:47 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
Crippler wrote:
St. Orleans Raintams

Draft:
1. (10) Steven Jackson RB
2. (11) Torry Holt WR
3. (30) Reggie Bush RB
4. (31) Marc Bulger QB
5. (50) Deuce McAllister RB
6. (51) Joe Horn WR
7. (70) Drew Brees QB
9. (90) Marques Colston TE
11. (110) Kevin Curtis WR
12. (111) Isaac Bruce WR
13. (130) John Carney K
14. (131) St. Louis DEF

What did this experiment prove? How pathetic the players in Yahoo public leagues are ;-)

When you cut out the slack, this is what you get: The best QB in fantasy football this year, another good/great QB, 2 of the best RBs in FF and a really nice #3, a top 2-3 TE/WR, one of the top WRs in Holt, and decent backup WRs to juggle depending on injuries and matchups. Not a stretch by any means, and I'd bet you could have won more games if you played the right players on certain weeks. The bye week was a dump for you, but that's only one certain loss and you are at full strength all year instead of losing guys here and there all year long, being that both teams had a week 7 bye. I dunno, sounds like maybe you could have done better, and you might not want to dog yahoo players.

Dont forget the weeks where St Louis had 0 TDs. Its harder to win weeks with only 2 teams when one of those teams doesn't even score.

And by the way, I'm not dogging Yahoo players, just the public leagues.

For those who think it could only be done by choosing these 2 particular teams, my friend tried the same thing.

The Baltiyork Raviants (NYG+Bal) finished 2nd in his public league. Thats a little sad considering that his draft was messed up and he didnt even get Burress. He ended up starting 2 WRs who scored 0 points most weeks (Tim Carter, Derrick Mason, and Mark Clayton were the WRs after the Toomer injury) and still made it to the championship game.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:33 pm

Well the majority of people who use Yahoo! Public Leagues are those that just want a mock draft (I dont do this myself and think it is a shame that it does happen). So what you get is a league with 1-2 active managers and the rest are attending to their other 20 teams. If Yahoo! Public Leagues are going to get competitive again, people need to stop using them as mock drafts. You could have drafted a ridiculously bad team and still made the playoffs by making some key pickups (Colston, Marion Barber III, Brandon Jacobs, Vince Young, Leinart, among a plethora of other candidates). Now if you did this in a cafe league or a private Yahoo! league, that would be impressive. But most of the time these "strategies" never work. I always go by the simple motto: draft the best guy available. Its simple and to the point and even intuitive.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WHO DEY » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:13 pm

Can you please spell Cincinnati right in your sig? Sorry, just bothers me everytime I see your posts.
WHO DEY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker

Postby Munboy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:27 pm

Public leagues suck....period. Doesn't matter where you play them. If you want non-suck "for fun" leagues, just join a couple cafe leagues. There's always tons of them before the season starts
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:15 pm

Munboy wrote:Public leagues suck....period. Doesn't matter where you play them. If you want non-suck "for fun" leagues, just join a couple cafe leagues. There's always tons of them before the season starts

Not necessarily true. I joined an NFL.com public league this year (as much for a mock as anything, but I always play 'em out) made up of folks from Ohio (myself included), and with the exception of one "ghost" it was a very fun and competitive league, and at this point the plan is next year to make it private, add an owner to make up for Casper, and make it an every year deal.

Leagues are what their members make of 'em. Public, Private, Yahoo, Cafe, Whatever.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk