The Sweet Taste of Victory... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

The Sweet Taste of Victory...

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Sweet Taste of Victory...

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:46 pm

Finally I can bask in the glory of winning. Just for now, all modesty aside, I can say: I'M THE BEST!

Now with that over I can get on with my life and drearily wait for another year of FF :-/
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:23 am

The first big title is always the best one. Soak it up and enjoy the moment. Make sure you do a good amount of trash talking too.

I won my two biggest leagues and finished very strong in my two fantasy tournaments.

Yes, it does feel good to win. However, it hurts a lot more to lose than it feels good to win. In other words, the lows of losing outweigh the highs of winning. So I guess the best thing about winning is avoiding that crushing blow feeling.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scrumtalecent » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:14 am

I'm not sure the first is the best. When I won 3 years ago, we were under a different format (total points for the year won), and we only had 10 teams.

The next year we changed it to a dynasty league playing head to head each week and the same guy just dominated the league the last two years. This year he went 12-2 and got the first round bye.

I got the 6th and final spot and beat him for my second playoff win. I won this week's Super Bowl by less than 2 points and it feels especially good after trading Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James and Terrell Owens in the offseason for some cheaper (we have an auction draft and have to have our salary under $100 before the draft) and younger players. I'm the first to win under both formats. I must be damn good ;-D
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting