Michael Turner in 2007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Turner in 2007

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Turner in 2007

Postby Slow Pitch » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:28 pm

What does the future hold for this guy?

I know he is a restricted free agent, but will someone pay the price to get him??

"Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theisman
Slow Pitch
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Michael Turner in 2007

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:11 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:What does the future hold for this guy?

I know he is a restricted free agent, but will someone pay the price to get him??

it depends on what price tag san diego puts on him. anything below a first round pick and im thinking someone will take a chance on him.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:56 pm

RFAs rarely go anywhere. Even a 2nd round pick would be enough to secure Turner as the backup another year when you consider Javon Walker, Culpepper, and other more proven big names didn't even go for 1st rounders. A 3rd round tender though, I think Cleveland, NY (both), GB, and Houston would be chomping at the bit.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:18 am

There are some teams that might get him, although restricted free agents usually stay...I wouldn't bank on him going anywhere.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:39 am

maddog60 wrote:

RFAs rarely go anywhere. Even a 2nd round pick would be enough to secure Turner as the backup another year when you consider Javon Walker, Culpepper, and other more proven big names didn't even go for 1st rounders. A 3rd round tender though, I think Cleveland, NY (both), GB, and Houston would be chomping at the bit.

the choices for SD are
High tender: 1st and 3rd
mid tender: 1st
low tender: 5th (round he was drafted)

no way they give him the low, no way he goes anywhere. They might trade him post-tender though.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:53 am

skibrett15 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

the choices for SD are

no way they give him the low, no way he goes anywhere. They might trade him post-tender though.

I'm thinking the offer would have to be mighty sweet for the Bolts to trade Turner. He's one h**luva insurance policy for LT2. Still, it would be nice to see what the guy could do if given the chance to start somewhere.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:04 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

the choices for SD are

I'm thinking the offer would have to be mighty sweet for the Bolts to trade Turner. He's one h**luva insurance policy for LT2. Still, it would be nice to see what the guy could do if given the chance to start somewhere.

that's one year though, don't you think that if they got the inclination that Turner wanted to hit the FA market for a payday that they'd try to get something if he was going to leave after this year anyway when he'll be an UFA???
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:08 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

the choices for SD are

that's one year though, don't you think that if they got the inclination that Turner wanted to hit the FA market for a payday that they'd try to get something if he was going to leave after this year anyway when he'll be an UFA???

I have very little doubt that Turner will want to test the FA waters (unless the Bolts bust out the checkbook ala Betts in Washington). Still, you'd think San Diego will at least try to get some kind of value for him if they do pursue possibly trading him rather than just dealing him for the sake of dealing him before he "leaves". How deep into the playoffs San Diego makes it may impact his situation too.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby skinsfan » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:58 pm

To start, these are the teams who are or will be without a solidified starting RB and without an effective platoon (so, for example, Jacksonville and New England are excluded):

NFC:
New York

AFC:
New York

Beyond these, arguments could be made for Houston (I think Dayne's earned the job) or Carolina (Fox and Co. will wait through next season to see if Foster can play well or Williams can really start before making any moves).

When it comes down to it, no management team will be able to argue benching "their guy", i.e. Droughns, Cadillac, Jordan. These teams, including Houston, will be drafting RBs if they feel the need to improve at the position.

So when it comes down to it, Turner will be either in NYC or SD. I can see him going to the Jets very easily, although it's tough to rule out the Giants. If Coughlin, who loves what Jacobs offers, gets canned this offseason (Fassel back, anyone?), Turner could be brought in per the new coache's request.

I expect either Jets or bust for Turner this offseason, barring any unforseen circumstances such as a Barry-esque retirement or horrific postseason injury.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yellowbird » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:51 pm

I think there are a few other teams that might have interest:

Cleveland- Are the Browns really satsified with the Droughns/Harrison combo?

Denver- Neither of the Bells took the bull by the horns, and it's not beyond Shanahan to make a move to strengthen his team and weaken a divison foe.

Detroit- KJ could be out for awhile and with their 1st round pick going to a QB or a Defense isn't a RFA RB a smart move (although maybe that's exactly why Detroit won't do it)

Philly- Westbrook's injuries are going to catch up with him eventually and Reid could do worse in preparing for the future.

Oakland- They need all the help they can get.

Really I think it comes down to how far San Diego gets in the playoffs. If they win a Superbowl with Turner as a major contributor then most likely he'll have a new zip code, if the Chargers finish early or if Turner doesn't have some big play or good camera time in the playoffs then he'll probably remain in San Diego.

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk