Michael Turner in 2007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Turner in 2007

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mrblitz » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:30 pm

I would love to see Turner in a Eagles uni. But I think that Reid is finally satisfied with Buckhalter.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Infidel » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 pm

My guess is Bolts give him a mid tender meaning if he goes elsewhere they get a first. Then Turner insists that it be a one year deal and opens his Caymen Islands bank account next year.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:27 pm

Yellowbird wrote:Philly- Westbrook's injuries are going to catch up with him eventually and Reid could do worse in preparing for the future.

You mean his unprecedented health for a guy people claimed wouldn't be able to make it 12 games and couldnt handle a featured RB's amount of touches? Yes Philly could do with a bruiser to complement Westbrook, but they have other more pressing issues, and Turner would be overpaid for as a short yardage guy.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Munboy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:36 pm

I think there's a few teams out there who might be willing to snag him up at the cost of a 2nd round pic or so..

Panthers (Foster = hurt...all the time), Texans (who knows when DD will play at like his old self again), Giants (Can Jacobs be an every down back?), and maybe the Jets(Is washington the future?) come to mind.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Infidel » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:55 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Yellowbird wrote:Philly- Westbrook's injuries are going to catch up with him eventually and Reid could do worse in preparing for the future.

You mean his unprecedented health for a guy people claimed wouldn't be able to make it 12 games and couldnt handle a featured RB's amount of touches? Yes Philly could do with a bruiser to complement Westbrook, but they have other more pressing issues, and Turner would be overpaid for as a short yardage guy.

Turner is physical but he is no "bruiser." More of a complete back who will lower his shoulder when necessary. Jacobs, JL are "bruisers" and he nothing like either. He would be a great fit in Philly but they won't go after him with Buckhalter and Westy.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Michael Turner in 2007

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:47 am

skibrett15 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
Slow Pitch wrote:What does the future hold for this guy?

I know he is a restricted free agent, but will someone pay the price to get him??

RFAs rarely go anywhere. Even a 2nd round pick would be enough to secure Turner as the backup another year when you consider Javon Walker, Culpepper, and other more proven big names didn't even go for 1st rounders. A 3rd round tender though, I think Cleveland, NY (both), GB, and Houston would be chomping at the bit.

the choices for SD are
High tender: 1st and 3rd
mid tender: 1st
low tender: 5th (round he was drafted)

no way they give him the low, no way he goes anywhere. They might trade him post-tender though.

What are the price tags on the tenders?

$2.3
$1.8
$1.3

??

It is very cheap to retain your RFAs. Turner is not going anywhere in 2007. SD can get him for below market price for a backup RB for 1 more season. And LT is so important to the team they need a solid backup like Turner. I would be surprised if he got more than 100 carries in 2007.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:53 am

Munboy wrote:I think there's a few teams out there who might be willing to snag him up at the cost of a 2nd round pic or so..

Panthers (Foster = hurt...all the time), Texans (who knows when DD will play at like his old self again), Giants (Can Jacobs be an every down back?), and maybe the Jets(Is washington the future?) come to mind.

The only one I'll disagree with here is the Panthers. They just spent a first rounder on Deangelo Williams. I sorta doubt they would spend even a 3rd rounder to get another running back.

Still, with the looks of things, Turner isn't going anywhere unless traded. No one will be willing to give a first round pick for him, and San Diego will certainly put more than the 5th round tender on him.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:25 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Munboy wrote:I think there's a few teams out there who might be willing to snag him up at the cost of a 2nd round pic or so..

The only one I'll disagree with here is the Panthers. They just spent a first rounder on Deangelo Williams. I sorta doubt they would spend even a 3rd rounder to get another running back.

Still, with the looks of things, Turner isn't going anywhere unless traded. No one will be willing to give a first round pick for him, and San Diego will certainly put more than the 5th round tender on him.

I agree. no real chance the Panthers go after Turner. They have a first round pick in Williams who looked pretty good in limited action.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Michael Turner in 2007

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:27 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
Slow Pitch wrote:What does the future hold for this guy?

I know he is a restricted free agent, but will someone pay the price to get him??

RFAs rarely go anywhere. Even a 2nd round pick would be enough to secure Turner as the backup another year when you consider Javon Walker, Culpepper, and other more proven big names didn't even go for 1st rounders. A 3rd round tender though, I think Cleveland, NY (both), GB, and Houston would be chomping at the bit.

the choices for SD are
High tender: 1st and 3rd
mid tender: 1st
low tender: 5th (round he was drafted)

no way they give him the low, no way he goes anywhere. They might trade him post-tender though.

What are the price tags on the tenders?

$2.3
$1.8
$1.3

??

It is very cheap to retain your RFAs. Turner is not going anywhere in 2007. SD can get him for below market price for a backup RB for 1 more season. And LT is so important to the team they need a solid backup like Turner. I would be surprised if he got more than 100 carries in 2007.

Yeah the tenders aren't very expensive. But if I'm not mistaken another team can make a bigger offer and sign him as long as they are also willing to give up the price tag of a pick to the chargers.

And isn't a high tender 2 first round picks? I remember the Cowboys had to give up 2 when they sign Galloway.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:02 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

I agree. no real chance the Panthers go after Turner. They have a first round pick in Williams who looked pretty good in limited action.

But to see Williams get injured in his first season isn't something to look high on. I'm not saying that Carolina should go out and get someone else because of it, but I'd be weary especially with Foster already an injury prone guy, don't want Williams to turn out the same. Things can change though...
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Previous

Return to Football Talk