Who is the better back to have.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the better back to have....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the better back to have....

Postby Clevelander » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:59 pm

BARLOW or DUCKETT....

both the hyped up kids to take the starting jobs.

who do you want over the other and why...?

would really like to hear input because it may concern a trade i may do. (GONZ/OWENS/DUCKETT for MCMICHAEL/HARRISON/BARLOW)...
Clevelander
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:07 pm

Barlow will never win the starting job as long as Hearst is there. Duckett seems to be winning the job over Dunn. SO I think Duckett is better.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bbentley40 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:15 pm

I agree with Zimm.. but I am not sure I would want either on a normal Sunday. SF is just not a running team and why would you need to make your RB the focus of anything if you have Vick (again normal Sunday.. when he would be healthy)??
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:38 pm

Duckett - Barlow hasn't received any kind of inclination to starting any time soon with the way Hearst is playing
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Sandwich » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:45 pm

As Barlow said, "I am the future". I have him and I love him but he isn't going to get the controls any time soon. TJ on the other hand I don't have but love him too. He is now going to steadily take over and be productive. While I think Barlow has huge potential I have to give the nod to TJ for now because of the situation.
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tomkatt » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:53 pm

Neither one has me doing cart wheels. Barlow is a great back to have down the road, and Duckett is probably the best back to have now.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:26 pm

I, unfortunately, have had to use these two to fill my #2 RB spot this year. I'm also a 49er fan. That being said, Duckett has got to be your choice there. I can't begin to tell you how frustrated that I am with the 49ers for not doing more with Barlow. It really is time to move Hearst out to pasture especially since they are becoming so money concious. Duckett I believe will only solidify his position more in that offense as the year goes on.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk